To display the Ancestors Charts from the Individual Page:
You can click on the right arrow of one of the right most boxes to view the previous generation of ancestor in the pedigree view.
You can click on:
- Larger View (site override for Standard) option to get the large box descendant chart. When Standard is selected, all birth, marriage, and death/burial dates (when available) will be included in a hidden popup box. Click on the Down Arrow to view the popup box information.
- TNG V10 incorporates the capability of the Vertical Ancestor Chart. This tab creates a vertical ancestor chart for every individual. Because gaps caused by missing ancestors are closed up, it uses less room than the standard ancestor charts, and the viewer can easily scroll the chart. This means you can display charts for more than 12 generations.
- Smaller View (site override for Compact) option to get the smaller box descendant chart. The Compact format is similar to Standard, but the box size is greatly reduced, and no photos are displayed.
- Text Only (site override for Text) option to get a text-based version of the descendancy chart (no boxes or popup windows) will be shown first.
- Box option to get the standard information in the pedigree boxes at all times.
- Register to get a Register (or narrative) Listing
- Ahnentafel to get an Ahnentafel listing. Ahnentafel is a genealogical numbering system that allows one to list a person's ancestors in a particular order.
- Media to get a side by side view of the individual's parents ancestors
The user will always have the option to switch among these display types after viewing the initial display.
Note the image shown is for a TNG 6.2 environment. TNG 7.0 adds PDF as a selection to allow the user to create a PDF file of the selected Descendant chart.