Bypassing Browser Cache
After making changes to TNG, you may need to bypass your browser's cache to see the changes. The following can be use for the different browsers.
- Internet Explorer (IE): hold down the Ctrl key and click the Refresh or Reload button.
- Google Chrome: hold down the Ctrl key or the Shift key and click the Reload button, or hold down Ctrl or Shift and press F5.
- Firefox: hold down the Shift key while clicking Reload (or press Ctrl-Shift-R).
- Opera users have to clear their caches through Tools→Preferences, see the instructions for Opera.
- Konqueror and Safari users can just click the Reload button.
- For Safari 6 on Mac, first go to Preferences > Advanced and click "Show Develop Menu...", then to clear cache, click the "Empty Caches" under the Develop Menu. Or just use shortcut ("Option" "Command" "E").
- In Safari, go to Preferences ------> Privacy and click on Details under where it says Remove All Website Data…
- In that list, find your website and click Remove to clear just the cache associated with your site.
See Bypass your cache for complete instructions including how to clear your cache in the different browsers
Changing Options in IE 9
In some cases for IE 9 bypassing browser cache is not sufficient, so the browser options have to be changed:
- Go to Tools > Internet Options >
- Under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
- Under "Check for newer versions of stored pages:", select "Every Visit to Page"
The above information was found in a forum entry on Easy way to force page to refresh and similar actions may be required for IE 10
If you are using CloudFlare you should temporarily put CloudFlare in Development Mode before clearing your cache by one of the relevant above methods.
Wikipedia:Bypass your cache for comprehensive instructions including how to clear your cache in the different browsers - recommended!