Google Maps - Using Google Earth
This article is being presented to provide awareness, since it may not be obvious that Google Earth can be used with the TNG generated Google Maps.
Download Google Earth
The link provided at the bottom of the Events list is also a Google Earth download link.
When you click on the Agree and Download button, Google will download the Google Updater to your computer. After the file is saved on your computer, when you click to launch the Google Updater, it may download and install Google Chrome as well as Google Earth.
Using Google Earth
Once the Google Earth application is installed, you can click on the Google Earth icon to the right of the event to view that location using Google Earth.
Once you click on the Google Earth icon, it will prompt for opening Google Earth. So click the OK button to launch the Google Earth application on your local computer.
- Google Maps - Getting Started shows how to get a Google Map API key and configure your Map Settings
- Google Maps - Geocoding Places shows how to use the Google Map API to geocode places
- Maintenance - Places with no maps provides a TNG SQL report that can be used for finding the most often used places that still need to be geocoded
- Maintenance - Places - Zoom & Place Levels provides a TNG SQL report that can be used for finding the places that are geocoded, i.e. have a latitude and longitude, but do not have a zoom or place level
- Individual Event Map shows how a map displayed on the Individual page and explains how to navigate