$Use TNG Offline
|Downloads of $Use TNG Offline are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|If you are having trouble downloading with the Google Chrome browser, try another browser|
|This mod only applies to TNG v12 and v13 to make it easier to mark TNG as working offline on a localhost computer using WampServer, XAMPP, Laragon, or other web servers on Windows or MacIntosh when you do not have Internet access.||
|$Use TNG Offline|
|Summary||Provides a quick way to mark TNG as working offline on a local web server when you have no Internet access|
|Mod Updated||29 Sep 2020|
|Download stats||View download statistics|
|Homepage||$Use TNG Offline (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||TNG Community Forums|
|Latest Mod||126.96.36.199 for TNG V12 and later|
|Min TNG V||12.0.0|
|Max TNG V||13+|
This mod was developed when I lost my Internet access for over 24 hours recently. Since TNG is using more and more jQuery scripts, TNG has limited functionality on a localhost web server because the computer had no Internet connection
This mod is provided to make it easier to set TNG as working offline, without having to manually edit the config.php and hunt for the option to allow use of jQuery offline.
This could also be handy if you are at a family reunion at a park and want to show your relatives information from your genealogy web site. It simply sets the Setup > General Settings > Miscellaneous section option to indicate that you are working offline.
Ken Roy developed this mod.
Since TNG is using more and more jQuery scripts, you may have major problems using your localhost web server if your computer has no Internet connection:
- None of the Toggles work because they depend on jQuery which TNG gets off the internet which is not available.
- Not able to change Setup > General Settings to indicate working off line, because you cannot toggle open the Miscellaneous section
- None of the jQuery script functions used in TNG - drag and drop, image tag, etc. will be working
- You will have to manually edit the config.php and update the offline option to
$tngconfig['offline'] = "1";
This mod is provided to make it easier to set TNG as working offline. This could also be handy if you are at a family reunion at a park and want to show your relatives information from your genealogy web site. It simply sets the Setup > General Settings > Miscellaneous section option to indicate that you are working offline.
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of your TNG config.php file.
|v188.8.131.52||28 Sep 2020||Change mod internal %name to $Use TNG Offline so that it matches the mod rename to more appropriately match its purpose.|
|v184.108.40.206||21 Aug 2020||original version of mod to set TNG as working offline was originally named $Disable Internet Access|
- Download the appropriate zip file from the Mod Summary in the upper right hand corner
- After downloading the zip file, unzip the config file into the mods folder on your local computer web server only
- Do not install the mod. It is provided so that you can easily and quickly mark TNG as working offline when you have no Internet access
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below
|Our Roy and Boucher Family||Ken Roy||I developed this mod so I could quickly set TNG as offline when I have no Internet access, so I can work on my local computer site||220.127.116.11||13.0||EN, FR|
|Hooley Family Links||Rick Hooley||Public/Private||See Here||See Here||EN|