Admin Reports Search
|Admin Reports Search|
|Summary||Adds search features and results table columns to the Admin>>Reports>>Search page, and tweaks the Admin>>Reports>>Edit form so that it can both edit existing reports and add new reports.|
|Mod Updated||2 Nov 2021|
See the Revision History for older versions
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||9.2.2|
|Max TNG V||13.1|
admin_reports.php, admin_editreport.php, admin_addreport.php, English cust_text.php
May Install rrshared_innermodmenu3.php, rrshared_modsettingsblocks3.php, rrshared_wikilogo.gif
Purpose of the Mod
To improve the usability of the Admin>>Reports>>Search page.
- Field Buttons have been added to the Search string and to the Results Per Page Field
- A new radio button set lets you specify that matching reports must have or must not have a direct SQL query.
- A new 'Result per Page' field lets you specify a value that is different from the TNG System Variable
- Four new columns to the results table provide details about each report:
- # of Display fields in the report definition,
- # of Criteria elements in the report definition,
- # of Sort fields in the report definition, and
- A 'Direct SQL' column that indicates whether the report contains a direct SQL statement, and that displays the entire SQL query when you hover over a 'Yes' in the 'Direct SQL' column
No known incompatibilities. This mod is compatible with Reports Action Queries, which is the only other published mod that claims to modify the Admin>>Reports>>Search page.
- Inner Mod Menu
- This mod defines an "Inner Mod Menu" that that pulls down information about the mod from the label "Mod Information" on the right end of the Admin Reports page's "inner menu" (just below the tab menu). Most of my Admin mods have (or will have) Inner Mod Menus. In all cases, the menu appears only if the Inner Mod Menu mod has been installed. See a visualization below.
- I have written three other mods that affect reports:
- Reports-Floating Editor makes better use of large computer screens when reports are being edited (at Admin>>Reports>>Edit). It allows the blocks of form fields that build the report to float side-by-side on the computer screen so that more of them can be seen at once. It also can unclutter the screen significantly by hiding either the report-building fields or the direct SQL field, since they can't really be used together. Reports-Floating Editor affects only the Report Editor, admin_editreport.php.
- Reports Action Queries allows SQL Action Queries to be run in the TNG Reports system. It affects the Admin>>Reports>>Search page (admin_reports.php) and showreport.php.
- Reports-Floating Results allows narrow reports to wrap into side-by-side report columns so that more data can be seen on the screen or printed page. It affects only showreport.php.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
|BEFORE The unmodified Admin>>Reports>Search screen|
|AFTER Highlighting the new elements in the form and the results table
|AFTER Showing pop-up SQL Code
|AFTER Field Buttons|
See the Field Buttons Wiki article for more information.
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|22.214.171.124||13.0 - 13.1||02Nov2021||Moved the warnings (both types of reports, no content) into the Name, Description column & placed the counts of each of the three report parameters item in the results table|
|126.96.36.199||13.0 - 13.1||30Sep2020||Changed one target location search string to accommodate a new isset() function call in TNGv13|
|188.8.131.52b||12.0 - 12.3||28Mar2020||This is a very minor change, with no changes to the functionality of the Admin Reports search page. This version updates the mod to version 5 of my shared mod include files. It also displays a "What has changed" message for this mod in the Admin Reports Search Inner Mod Menu.|
|184.108.40.206a||12.0 - 12.2+||15Dec2019||No Functional Changes - Upgraded to version 3 of the shared mod libraries|
|220.127.116.11||12.0 - 12.2+||2Oct2019||Added field buttons and the inner mod menu|
|18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124||11.*, 12.0+||13May2018||Restored the normal 'Add New' tab, removed the 'Add New' button from earlier versions, and brought a copy of the mod into compliance with TNGv12.|
|Admin Reports List 10.1.0.1||10.1-11.1 (at least; I believe that it should work for TNGv9 and TNGv10.0)||4May2017||Visible changes:
Plus these internal changes:
|126.96.36.199 download||9.2.2 - 10.1 (at least; I believe it works at least through TNGv11.1)||17Jan2015||Initial release.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||188.8.131.52||13.1||English|
|DJCM.DK||Claus Martinussen||184.108.40.206||10.1.3||Danish, English|
|Wortelboer Genealogy||Bernard Wortelboer||220.127.116.11||10.1.3||Dutch, English|