Creating images from a PDF
The following was posted by Bart Degryse on the TNG User2 list for converting a PDF to multiple images:
- Install the free Bullzip PDF printer.
- I've been using this program for over 6 years (I was even one of the first beta testers in those early days of Bullzip) and never had a single problem with it.
- Open a PDF with the lightweight, free, open source Sumatra PDF reader or any other PDF reader you like.
- Print the PDF
- Choose Bullzip as the printer to use
- In the Bullzip Create File dialog choose these settings
- General tab: a file name and Format jpg (or png if you prefer)
- Image tab: check the One Image File Per Page option (and change the resolution if you want to). Confirm to use the file numbering template when asked for.
- Watermark tab: optionally define a watermark to add to each page.
- Click Save
Your images will be generated at light speed. Well, I tried once with a 1500 page document (including images, colored graphics, tables, the lot) which took about 10 minutes. AFAIC that's light speed.
Used with Folios
Folios V9 provides a method for displaying and navigating multiple page files as a single document. The above procedure provides an easy way to create the folios files.