Genealogica Grafica - creating Relationship Charts
If you have ever wanted to create Relationship Charts from some of the earliest ancestors in your database to yourself, Genealogica Grafica might be your answer.
- Note that the Relationship Charts may not be available in the product until you send a donation to Tom de Neef, the software developer. --Ken Roy 11:43, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
To get started, launch Genealogica Grafica, and then use File, Restart with Gedcom option. The utility will analyze your current TNG gedcom file and indicate errors found.
To select a person in the Nearby Family list:
- find the surname you are interested in
- click on it to expand the list of given names
- scroll, find, and select the person
- click on the Tableau menu
- select the Relationship chart :
- click on the Insert button :
- move the Insert dialog window aside
- find the person with whom you want to plot the relationships
- click on the Insert button if you have not closed that window, otherwise repeat steps 4-6
- click the Construct and edit the tree tab
To generate several different Genealogica Grafica relationship charts with links from the name boxes to your getperson.php page in TNG for each person, you should
- select File
- select HTML Filenames
- change the Tableau (chart) file name
- change the Text file name to a relative link to your getperson.php page based on where you will put the generated charts on your web site.
Add TitleThe following steps can be used to add a title:
Change InfoThe following steps can be used to change the Info display:
Change HomeThe following steps can be used to change the Home display:
You may have to also do some or all of the following customization:
Unless you are generating a Google map along with the chart, you will need to turn off the Map Link under Layout, Tableau Layout in the Tableau Presentation tab.
Display full names
If you want full names displayed in the boxes, you will need to change the rules for Names in Chart under Layout, Name Style to display the full name.
If you want a different background color, you will need to change the color used under Layout, Tableau Layout in the Colors and background tab by clicking on the background color. Note that you can also change the color of the boxes for females and males in the chart by clicking in those boxes to launch the color picker.