Google maps 15
|Google Maps 15|
|Summary||Replaces the default 6 place levels by 15.|
|Mod Updated||22 Apr 2015|
[Show older versions]
|Download stats||See V10.1 download stats|
See previous statistics
|Author(s)||Bart 'Roebie' Degryse|
updated for TNG 10.1 by Ken Roy
|Homepage||Google maps 15|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Latest Mod||10.1.0.4 for TNG v10.1 and up|
220.127.116.11 for TNG v9 and up
8.1.0 for TNG v8
|Min TNG V||8.0.0|
|Max TNG V||12+|
Purpose of the mod
This mod replaces the 6 default Google maps place levels with a range of 15 levels more suited for the situation in Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, France and Spain. Of course the 6 default levels are still in there in some or other form.
This mod was developed by Bart 'Roebie' Degryse
This mod was updated by Ken Roy for TNG 10.1
- A working TNG installation. The v8 release was tested on TNG Version 8.1.0., 8.1.1 and 18.104.22.168 and the v9 release was tested on TNG Version 9.0.0.
- A backup of all edited files (see TNG Modules Involved).
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (note this is built into TNG v8 and above).
- Download the appropriate zip file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page. NOTE that I host these zip files on my own server. That way I can count the number of downloads for each mod I made and estimate the relevance of such mod.
- Extract the config file and the google_maps_15 folder from the downloaded zip file into the mods folder
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
Those who use other languages in addition to English can find appropriate mods to add Dutch, French or Spanish custom text additions in the summary in the upper right corner of this page. Follow the same procedure as explained above to install them.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Or copy your backup of the TNG modules involved.
This mod is based on the Google Maps - More Place Levels Mod by Roger Moffat.
Unlike Roger's mod however this one provides no automatic nor manual updating of your current place levels. Just go to Admin->Places and update the Place Level where needed.
Those who feel comfortable with it could make the changes directly in the database. Be very careful however as you could ruin your database. Make sure you make a backup before you start (Admin->Utilities)!
Roger was so kind as to make a seperate mod of his code to update the place levels. That way you can also use it together with this Google maps 15 mod. Please check out Update Place Levels Mod for more information.
Visualization of this mod
As with most source code modifications, these changes will likely be overwritten during your next TNG revision upgrade and will need to be re-implemented. (Using the Mod Manager greatly simplifies this process).
|v10.1.0.4||22 April 2015||Updated by Ken Roy to eliminate the conflict with Mobile Individual Page Map|
|v10.1.0.3||12 January 2015||Updated by Ken Roy for TNG V10.1 to add a conditional on the copyfile for the font file so that it will not cause an error in a Windows environment when deleting the mod|
Sites using this mod
Well, of course, my own. Since it's not public it's not really worth adding a link here though.
If you download and install this mod, Please add your TNG site to the table below
|Bart 'Roebie' Degryse||The mod developer.||8.1.0 / 22.214.171.124||126.96.36.199 / 9.0.0||EN, ES, FR, NL|
|Voyer and Bedard Genealogy||Larry Voyer||10.1.0.4||11.1.0||EN, FR|
|Van den Heuvel||Marco van den Heuvel||...||188.8.131.52||9.0.3||NL, EN|
|MOTYER Family Genealogy||John Mark Motyer||Public site||see here||see here||EN, DE, RU|
|Mackay / McCoy / McKee YDNA Surname Project||Greg Roberts||Public Site.||10.1.0.3||10.1.0||EN|
|Anderson, Kitchen, Ramirez, and Reynoso Families||Denton B. Anderson||10.1.0.4||11.1.0||EN|
|Andersen Family||Erik Billeskov Andersen||10.1.0.4||11.1.0||Danish|
|localhost site only||Hazel Foster||10.1.0.4||11.1.0||English|
|Familienforschung SCABELL||Helga Scabell||Public/Private||10.1.0.2||12.1||DE, EN, PT|
|My exploration of Genealogy||Ivan Hurst||Public/Private||10.1.0.4||12.3||English|
TNG modules Involved
It's safe practice to make a backup of these before installing the mod.
- extensions/google_text_marker.php (v8)
- google_text_marker.php (v9)
- extensions/LiberationSans-Regular.ttf (v8)
- LiberationSans-Regular.ttf (v9)