Hide private and living persons
|Downloads of Hide private and living persons are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|If you are having trouble downloading with the Google Chrome browser, try using try right-click and select Open in new Window, then F5, or use another browser|
|Hide private and living persons|
|Summary||Children marked Private and/or Living will not be shown in the family section of a person page and the descendants pages including the family group page.|
Father/Mother/Spouses marked Private and/or Living will not have a hyperlink to their person page.
|Mod Updated||06 Feb 2022|
|Download stats||View Download Stats|
|Author(s)||Rob van Rij|
|Homepage||Hide private and living persons (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Latest Mod||184.108.40.206 for TNG V13.0.4|
|Min TNG V||13.0.4|
|Max TNG V||13+|
getperson.php, ajx_perspreview.php, tngdblib.php, descend.php, descend text.php, descend vert.php, familychart.php, familygroup.php, extrastree.php, , showmap.php, showmedialib.php, headstones.php
When using the Family Group Worksheet Mod be aware that this mod does NOT HIDE the persons that are marked living or private!!
Purpose of the Mod
This Mod changes how TNG shows personal information of private and living persons.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) states that personal data may only be disclosed after the following periods:
- Birth data after 100 years
- Marriage data after 75 years
- Death data after 50 years
The years above are GDPR defined but NOT coded in this mod. This mod uses the Living and Private flag for hiding or showing the persons and links. You have to apply the private and living flags to the persons in order to hide these persons with this mod.
In TNG you can mark persons private or living. Although it will hide personal information for that person it still reveals information about the relationship for this person and if exists further hierarchy information. This mod hides anything that could possibly reveal personal information that according to GDPR is not allowed or debatable.
The mod does the following:
- It does not show children if they are marked living or private in the family section of a person page and the related descendant pages and family group page. The default behaviour of TNG is that for living and private marked children you will see for such a child 'Living' or 'Private' including a link to the person page of the child. This means that you still reveal information on the number of children for a family and if exist relations of this child. By using this Mod children are not shown and therefore also the hyperlink to the child person page is not linked.
- It removes the hyperlink on the person pages for father/mother/spouses if they are marked living or private. You will still see the indication if father/mother/spouses are marked living or private but the hyperlink is removed.
- It removes the hyperlink on all other pages for persons marked living or private. You will still see the indication Living or Private but there is no hyperlink to the respected person page.
Mod Developer is Rob van Rij.
|220.127.116.11||06 February 2022||Updated version including fix for Motherrow|
|18.104.22.168||10 September 2021||Updated version including fix for headstones|
|22.214.171.124||09 September 2021||Updated version including fixes for showmedialib|
|126.96.36.199||02 September 2021||Updated version including fixes for descendant tabs|
|188.8.131.52||27 August 2021||Updated version to work for all private and living persons|
|184.108.40.206||09 August 2021||Updated version of the mod for TNG 13.0.4|
- a working TNG installation.
- a backup of your TNG getperson.php, ajx_perspreview.php, tngdblib.php, descend.php, descendtext.php, descendvert.php, register.php, familychart.php, familygroup.php, extrastree.php, showman.php, showmedialib.php, headstones.php files.
Automated Installation Requirements
- Download the appropriate mod configuration file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page
- Unzip the hide_private_and_living_persons zip file
- Upload the hide_private_and_living_persons.cfg file to your mods folder
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the hide_private_and_living_persons mod.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- copy your backup files to your base TNG directory
Visualization of this mod
The following mods are also related to the Hide private and living children
- When using the Family Group Worksheet Mod be ware that this mod does NOT HIDE the children that are marked living or private!!
- The Unlink private notes mod is obsolete since v13.1. When using the Unlink private notes Mod be ware that the Hide private and living children Mod must be installed after the Unlink private notes Mod!!
Sites using this mod
If you download this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Genealogy van Rij (van Riede, van Reij, van Rije)||Rob van Rij||Developed the mod.||220.127.116.11||13.1.1||EN,NL|
|Population reconstruction Baarle-Nassau/Hertog and surrounding places||Rob van Rij||Developed the mod.||18.104.22.168||13.1.1||DE,EN,NL|
|South Brazilian Family Trees||Carlos Heuser||22.214.171.124||13.0.4||DE,EN,PT|
|Helwegs Ahnen||Andreas Helweg||Public site||126.96.36.199||13.1||DE,EN,NL,DK|