Living Flag Display
|Downloads of Living Flag Display are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account
|If you have trouble downloading with Google Chrome, Vivaldi, Brave or other Chromium based browser, try using a right-click and select Open in new Window, then F5, or use another browser such as Firefox
|Living Flag Display
|Displays the Living flag in the Descendant Text chart when logged in with Admin privileges.
|Latest mod is XHTML compliant.
|4 May 2023
[Show older versions]
|View Living Flag mods statistics
|Living Flag Display (This page)
|TNG Community Forums
|TNG Community Forums
|220.127.116.11 for TNG V9 and above
8.1.2 for TNG V8.1.0 and above
8.1.1 for TNG 8.0.0 to 8.0.2
1.1 for TNG V7
|Min TNG V
|Max TNG V
Note that Version 2 of the Backup / Restore Living Flag now displays the Death Date on the Restore, so it is easier to remove the living flags during the restore
This mod was developed to make it easier to manage living flags that are set manually because you do not have birth date information for those persons.
The mod is designed to display the Living Flag on the Descendant Text chart to make it easier to know whether you have manually set all the Living flags for persons for whom you do not have birth date information.
For TNG V9, the style definition for emphasis was renamed to .blueemphasis and added to the genstyle.css so that the Living Flag Mod will work with all templates, including new ones defined by the TNG administrator.
Ken Roy developed this mod.
This mod adds the word Living to the Descendant Text only chart for persons whose Living Flag is set. It will show:
- persons who do not have a Living flag set, but have siblings who are shown as living
- persons who have a Living flag set, but also have a death date.
- Note that version 2 of the Backup / Restore Living Flag now displays the Death Date on the Restore, so it will be easier to remove the living flags there
- A working TNG installation. The automated installation release was initially tested at TNG Version 7.1.0. Manual installation previously used on TNG 6 and 7
- A backup of your TNG descendtext.php file.
- A backup of your TNG css/genstyle.css file starting with TNG V9
|4 May 2023
|No code changes. Updated to level set mods to TNG 14
|8 January 2015
|No code changes. Updated to add Wiki icon and link in Mod List for TNG V10.1
|2 February 2012
|updated for TNG V9 and now installs the styles in css/genstyle.css to support all templates
|2 January 2010
|updated to support mytngstyle.css coming from templates/templateN/css in TNG V8.1
|4 June 2010
|fix style definition for displaying Living when living flag is set
|24 May 2010
|config file updated TNG V8
|2 July 2009
|config file updated to include extensions/livingflag.php
|13 May 2009
|original Mod Manager config file
|TNG 7.0 mod
|13 July 2008
|manual install of TNG 7.0 mod
|TNG 6.2 mod
|12 December 2007
|manual install of TNG 6.2 mod
- Download the appropriate file for your TNG version from the download links in the mod summary area in the upper right.
- Extract the living_flag_display.zip to your admin/mod_folder (V7) or mods (v8).
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the living_flag_display.cfg.
In the event of a problem with your TNG site
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Or copy your descendtext.php files to your TNG directory
- all should be well now
This mod is used in conjunction with the Backup / Restore Living Flag add-on provided by Ben Wagner.
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below: