Mouse Wheel Zoom
|Downloads of Mouse Wheel Zoom are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|If you are having trouble downloading with the Google Chrome browser, try using try right-click and select Open in new Window, then F5, or use another browser|
|Mouse Wheel Zoom|
|Summary||Adds an option to the Map Settings dialog to allow map zooming with the mouse wheel.|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||8 Sep 2016|
|Download stats||See v9001 / v11023 download stats|
and v9000 download stats
|Author(s)||Bart 'Roebie' Degryse|
|Homepage||Mouse Wheel Zoom|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Latest Mod||188.8.131.52 for TNG v11.0.2 and up|
184.108.40.206a for TNG v9.0 and up
|Min TNG V||9.0.0|
|Max TNG V||12+|
Purpose of the mod
This mod will add an options to the Map Settings dialog to allow map zooming by using the scroll wheel of the mouse.
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list in the summary in the upper right corner of the page)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG v9)
- If you also use the Person Map mod make sure you have installed v9.x.0.5 or v220.127.116.11a
- Download the appropriate zip file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page. NOTE that I host these zip files on my own server. That way I can count the number of downloads for each mod I made and estimate the relevance of such mod.
- Extract the files from the downloaded zip file (1 cfg file) into the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
- Go to Admin >> Setup >> Configuration >> Map Settings.
- Set the new option Allow zooming with mouse wheel to your liking. # Don't forget to press the Save button.
- If the mod doesn't behave as expected, please clear your browser's cache as a first measure:
- Log out of your TNG website
- Clear your browser's cache
- Close and reopen your browser
- Log in into your TNG website
Visualization of this mod
The following image shows the visual effects of installing the mod.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Open an issue in the TNG Community Forums* Copy the backup of the affected files back to your TNG directory
|v18.104.22.168||8 September 2016||Updated for TNG v11.0.2. Changes provided by Ron Krzmarzick|
|v22.214.171.124a||25 February 2015||Fixed problem introduced by v126.96.36.199 changes to display the Wiki icon in TNG v10.1 where te version number was not changed in the admin_updatemapconfig.php which caused a problem when updating Map Settings.|
|v188.8.131.52||20 January 2015||No code changes. Updated for TNG V10.1 to generated the Wiki icon and URL based on the new %wikipage:Mouse_Wheel_Zoom% parameter|
|v184.108.40.206||17 March 2012||Initial config file release for TNG v9.0.0 up to v9.2.0|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below: