New Account Warning
|New Account Warning|
|Summary||Adds a warning about the lack of encryption in TNG's login process to the New Account Registration page.|
|Mod Updated||12 Apr 2021|
(See the Revision History for older versions.)
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||9.2.2|
|Max TNG V||at least 13.0.3|
newacctform.php, English cust_text.php
Purpose of the Mod
To warn users about the lack of password encryption on the TNG New Account Registration Page. The warning (which is defined as a language string) is displayed if the Account Registration page is not encrypted. Note that, even if the site supports encryption, if the site does not force encryption, the Account Registration page might be unencrypted.
Compatibility With Other Mods
Not compatible with New Account Form Mod.
- New Account Validation improves the validation of the form, and adds a mod parameter that lets you require additional fields.
- This mod saves information that can be used by Show Mod Names, but only if the optional Show Mod Names mod is installed.
This mod uses the standard installation process. It does not have a mod subfolder. [Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
|Account Registration Form BEFORE|
|Account Registration Form AFTER:|
The following strings is defined in the English and English-UTF8 versions of cust_text.php.This text is placed to the right of the two password fields
$text['rrnaw-warning'] = "This registration form <b>is not securely encrypted</b>, so don't use a password that you use anywhere else."; $text['rrnaw-warning'] .= "And don't just add a suffix to a standard password; use something completely different.";
If you want to modify this message, you must redefine it at the bottom of your cust_text.php file. Do not edit these lines in the cust_text.php file, for that will cause a Mod Manager "Bad Target" error.
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|220.127.116.11c||12.0+||15 May 2018||
|18.104.22.168c||12.0-12.3||11 Nov 2018||Applied a %textexists condition to accommodate an underlyin change in TNGv12.2|
|22.214.171.124||9.2.2+||21 Feb 2016||Moved the functionality that deals with additional required fields and form validation to the New Account Validation mod. Now uses Show Mod Names (but does not depend on it).|
|126.96.36.199||9.2.2 - 10.0.2||30 Apr 2014||Initial Release|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||188.8.131.52||13.0.3||English|
|Hooley Family Links||Rick Hooley||Public/Private||See Here||See Here||EN|
|The Cole / Tanner Family Tree||David Cole||Public/Private||see here||see here||EN, DE, FR, ES, NL|