Regroup Person-Move Media
|Regroup Person-Move Media|
|Summary||Moves the Media Files section of the Person Profile from below to above the Even Map.|
|Mod Updated||28 Jan 2020|
See the Revision History for older versions
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||10.0|
|Max TNG V||rrppmm|
Regroup Person* - the family of related mods that affect the Person Profile
This mod can work independently of the other mods in the Regroup Person family.
Purpose of the Mod
To make the media block of the Person Profile more visible by positioning it above rather than below the event map.
There are so many small mods that affect the Person Profile that I haven't tested them all against this mod. So far, the only incompatible mod that I have found is Jeff Robison's Relocate Person Photos mod, which moves the media block above the notes block, which is still below the event map. If a Person Profile does not contain a notes block (which is common), Relocate Person Photos has no effect.
The Mod Settings Blocks mod packages this mod's options into what I call a "Mod Settings Block", which is a set of form fields that formatted and labeled so that it stands out among other options in an Admin>>Setting form. The Mod Settings Blocks is a prerequisite for this mod; it must be installed before this mod can be installed.
This mod is compatible with, and part of, My "Regroup Person" family of mods. [Show the family members]
My "Regroup Person" family of mods all affect the Person Profile. All of them can be used independently of Regroup Person Profile, which was the the first and is the most complex member of the family.(I'll add that the reputation of the family has been stained by the fact that Regroup Person Profile is distinctly complex and is incompatible with an awkward number of other Person Profile mods. But, in truth, Regroup Person-Date Place is the only other member of the family that is similarly complex and invasive.)
- Regroup Person Profile - Rearranges the data in and spacing and formatting of the Person Profile. Also (optionally) adds siblings.
- Regroup Person-Branch Members - Turns each of the profiled person's branch names into a hyperlink that pops up a list of branch members. Options control whether anonymous visitors and/or logged-in users are allowed to see branch details.
- Regroup Person-Child2Parent - Hides the display of selected relationships (typically "birth", which would be assumed if it were not displayed) between the profiled person and that person's parents and children.
- Regroup Person-Date Place - Adjusts the spacing used to display (1) Event dates, places, and values and/or (2) The name/birth/death/age data for the profiled person's relatives.
- Regroup Person-Family Indicators - Based on Jeff Robison's Family Indicators Mod, this mod adds flags (i.e. "indicators") next to the names of the profiled person's relatives. The flags provide information about and links to several aspects of those relatives' relatives, including popup profiles and ancestor or descendant charts.
- Regroup Person-Gender Before Birth - Simply moves the Gender "event" so that it appears above the Birth event. (As you would expect, this mod is incompatible with Regroup Person-Remove Gender)
- Regroup Person-Hide Branches - Hides branch names from anonymous visitors and/or logged-in users who are not assigned to the branch.
- Regroup Person-Move Media - Simply moves the media files above the event map.
- Regroup Person-No Living Data - Suppresses display of ANY data about a living or private person the user doesn't have rights to see. By default, TNG will show some data, plus spouses, parents, and children.
- Regroup Person-Remove Gender - Removes the Gender event (the sex) from the event tables, leaving the gender icon next to the name as the sole representation of the person's gender. (As you would expect, this mod is incompatible with Regroup Person-Gender Before Birth)
- Regroup Person-Sources - Allows some source and citation data to be hidden for brevity, and to be displayed as desired.
In TNGv13, this mod includes a typical mod subfolder, with the same base name as the mod's .cfg file. The subfolder is atypical in that no files in it are installed to working TNG folders. However, it does contain critical files that contain the mod's language strings, which the mod does not add to standard cust_text.php files. Instead, the PHP code modified by this mod loads the language strings from files in the mod's languages/ subfolder. Read more about this technique.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Contact me through My Mod Support form.
| BEFORE AND AFTER OVERVIEW
The Person Profile media files and event map have changed places.
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|28Jan2023||No functional changes. Upgraded to TNGv14|
|v184.108.40.206a||13||20Sep2020||No functional changes. Upgraded to TNGv13.|
|v220.127.116.11||12.0-12.3||10May2020||No functional changes. This version's primary purpose is to bring the version numbers of all Regroup Person mods in sync with Regroup Person Profile.|
Technical changes include
|18.104.22.168||12.0-12.2||16Dec2019||No functional changes. Simply renumbered the mod to v18 to be match other Regroup Person* mods|
|22.214.171.124||12.0+||24Jul2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|10.0.1.15||10.0.1-10.1.3||20Feb2016||No new end-user functionality; just added Show Mod Names functionality and dependency, and updated the mod number to stay in sync with Regroup Person Profile.|
|10.0.1.12||10.0.1-10.1||25Dec2014||Created to allow users who have installed the Relocate Person Photos mod to install Regroup Person Profile and keep the functionality of Relocate Person Photos|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|URL||User||Note||Mod-Version||TNG-Version||User-language||Richmond's Genealogy Database
(See a specific Person Profile)
|Robin Richmond||Mod developer||126.96.36.199||
|Kleinmann Genealogy||John Kleinmann||Public / private media||188.8.131.52||14.0||English|
|The Grahams of Helensburgh||Jim Graham||Public/Private||10.0.1.15||12.0||English|
|Huygens - Van de Moortel||Tom Huygens||Public/Private on WordPress||184.108.40.206a||13.1.2||NL|
|Your Roots are Showing||Harold Craswell||Public/Private||See Here||See Here||EN|