|Downloads of Secret medias are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account
|If you have trouble downloading with Google Chrome, Vivaldi, Brave or other Chromium based browser, try using a right-click and select Open in new Window, then F5, or use another browser such as Firefox
|The latest version of this mod uses the guidelines for TNG v12+ cust_text.php files. If you are using TNGv12+, and any cust_text.php file in this mod is marked with a Bad Target error, you need to update your cust_text.php files before you can install this mod. [Show instructions]
If you upgraded to TNGv12+, and did not update your cust_text.php files as instructed in the upgrade readme script, then you must use the TNG Mod Manager to update them. To do so:
[See details in the TNGv12 Change Impacts Article][Hide the instructions]
|Restrict access to certain media to logged-in members.
|15 May 2023
|Montrer les statistiques
|TNG Community Forums
|184.108.40.206c for TNG v12 & 13
220.127.116.11b for TNG 14+
|Min TNG V
|Max TNG V
Purpose of the Mod
Establishes a system of individual media management.
Each media can be made "secret" so that it is visible ONLY to connected members. The others medias stay accessible following the normal access rules of TNG.
Once the Mod installed, go to Admin>>Media. A new column "Secret?" is present in the table. A gray icon means that the media meets TNG normal access rules. Click on it and the icon turns green. The media is now only accessible to your members who are logged in. Click again on the green icon, the media is again normally accessible.
You can also make all the media of your database (or only those displayed on the page) secret or not.
Important: To completely remove this Mod, you must DROP manually the field 'secret' from your table 'tng_media' via your PhpMyAdmin interface.
Written by : Michel Kirsch from Charleroi - Hainaut - Belgium
- A working TNG 12.3+ installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list in the summary in the upper right corner of the page)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
IMPORTANT : Before installing
Before installing, it is judicious to make a backup copy of the files that will be modified by this mod.
|17 Nov 2023
|Modified the display of the secret media: thumb is always displayed, but is marked 'Reserved for connected members' - Handled now slide-shows for albums and media - Added Dutch language (Thx to RobS!) - Compatible with the watermark Mod and the future Private media Mod.
|15 May 2023
|Added 'secret' field in 2 queries for showmedialib.php.
|15 May 2023
|Under certain conditions, some media could still be seen!
|26 Apr 2023
|From this version, a secret media contained in an album is not displayed for unregistered user.
|08 Jan 2023
|Fix a problem with a label line 238.
|06 Oct 2022
|TNG 14 ready.
|25 Dec 2021
|PHP8 Warnings - Rewrite some code.
|13 Oct 2021
|Adds two missing strings.
|29 Mar 2021
|Modify location 7 of admin_media to avoid conflict with "Admin media Search" Mod.
|26 Mar 2021
|Add code to hide media in whatsnew.php file ans screen.
|20 Feb 2021
|OK for TNG 13.0.3.
|19 Feb 2021
|Fix compatibility problem with "Public Access Control" Mod.
|30 Oct 2020
|Fix some confidentiality problems.
|23 Sep 2020
|First online version ready for TNG v13.
|10 Aug 2020
|First online version.
Conflicts and Issues
No known conflicts.
- Uninstall and delete previous version of this mod (if installed)
- Download the appropriate zip file as shown in the mod summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Extract the file from the downloaded zip file into the mods folder or FTP the extracted file to your mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Copy the backup of the affected files back to your TNG directory
- Retry installing mod
- Contact us through the TNG Community Forums or on the page of Michel Kirsch. At worst, send a mail to
Uninstalling the mod
If you want to completely Remove (uninstall) this mod and all its tables, you should
- click the Uninstall button to uninstall the mod
- click the Delete button to delete the config file from the mods folder.
- Uninstall and eventually Delete the current Mod.
- Proceed as for an installation with the new Mod.
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod:
English/French/German language files
Files created/copied by this Mod
This Mod adds a field "secret" to your tng_media table.
The 'Media' screen, with the new column 'secret?'. The second media is restricted to logged-in users, the first not.
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Stammbaum der Familien Klein, Landgraf, Eckarts und Reichenbachs
|Blumensaadt & Ingemand
|Public & Private
|The Severijns / Timmer Familytree
|Public / Private - Great Mod :-)