Show Husband or Wife mod
|Downloads of Show Husband or Wife mod are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|If you are having trouble downloading with the Google Chrome browser, try using try right-click and select Open in new Window, then F5, or use another browser|
|Show Husband or Wife|
|Summary||Replaces the Family heding with Husband or Wife.|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||8 Nov 2018|
|Download stats||Show Husband or Wife|
|Homepage||Show Husband or Wife mod (this page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums: TNG Specific - Code Discussion - Addons|
|Latest Mod||10.1.3.1b for TNG v10.1.3,|
220.127.116.11c for TNG v11.0.1 and above
|Min TNG V||10.1.3|
|Max TNG V||13.x|
Spouse_Partner_Label by Graham Chamberlain
Purpose of the mod
The Family data heading in getperson.php is replaced by Husband or Wife depending on the spouse's sex.
When the same sex it displays Partner.
|TNG version:||≥ 10.1.3|
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list below)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG)
- Click on the download link, shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Un-zip the file and you will find the .cfg file there (if there's also a folder there: That's a Mac habit - don't bother).
- Move/copy/FTP the .cfg file to the mods folder of your TNG system.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Replace all affected files with the copies you made before the installation.
- TNG Community Forums: TNG Specific - Code Discussion - Addons
This mod conflicts with v18.104.22.168 of the Family Edit Links Mod. If you want to use both mods, you need to install the Family Edit Links Mod first. After installing the Show Husband or Wife mod, the Family Edit Links Mod will show a Bad Target because of the conflict. Do not attempt to Clean Up.
Conflict is resolved by v22.214.171.124 of the Family Edit Links Mod.
Custom Text Additions
The config file includes the English language custom text.
There are Dutch, French, German, Norwegian and Swedish translations if they are present in your TNG system.
For other languages you can modify the config file to add the custom text or manually add to whatever language you like.
(English custom text for reference)
$text['husband'] = "Husband"; $text['wife'] = "Wife"; $text['xerxxPartner'] = "Partner";
Uninstalling the mod
If you want to completely Remove (uninstall) this mod and all its tables, you should
- click the Remove button to uninstall the mod and then
- click the Delete button to delete the config file from the mods folder.
|v126.96.36.199c||8 Nov 2018||Dutch translation by Renze P.|
|6 Nov 2018||Norwegian translation by Helge H.|
|18 Jan 2017||Added Partner if both persons are of the same sex (proposed by Ken Roy)|
French translation by Ken Roy.
|1 Nov 2016||Introduction.|
Visualization of this mod
With mod (female spouse)
With mod (same sex spouse)
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
Regarding my Swedish-Only site below: Using the Google setting "English language" and then google for the site, I have a "Translate this page" beside the link. If I use it I get a quite decent translation...
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod:
- languages/Dutch/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/Dutch-UTF8/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/French/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/French-UTF8/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/German/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/German-UTF8/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/Norwegian/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/Norwegian-UTF8/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/Swedish/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/Swedish-UTF8/cust_text.php (if present)