|TNG version:||≥ 12.0.0|
TNG v12 provided the following enhancements for managing Users:
- updated the Edit Profile message to clarify that the privilege also controls whether a user can request a new password
- added the capability to assign a User to multiple trees
- 69. Users/Trees: Users can now be assigned to multiple trees (although only one assignment is active at any one time). Users assigned to multiple trees will be able to change their active tree at any time. When they log in, they will first see the tree they were using most recently.
Edit Profile Message Updated
TNG v12 changed the Edit Profile privilege to correctly reflect that the privilege also controls the user's ability to request a password change. The message now shows Allow to edit user profile and change password
If you previously did not grant the Edit Profile privilege to your users, you need to update your User records to check the box in front of Allow to edit user profile and change password if you want your users to be able to request password changes.
Assign User to Multiple Trees
TNG v12 now allows users to be assigned to multiple trees and will be able to change their active tree at any time. When they log in, they will first see the tree they were using most recently.
Question asked during beta testing of TNG v12 beta testing. What is the purpose of the new capability to assign user to multiple trees? I ask because if I update a user who is restricted to a tree / branch combination, when I assign the user to a second tree:
- I cannot restrict him to a branch in that 2nd tree
- the branch restriction for the 1st tree disappears
Darrin provided the following answer:
- Many site owners have asked me if people can be assigned to multiple trees. They groan when I tell them that it can only be done with multiple user accounts. This change will allow users to have multiple tree assignments. I haven't allowed multiple branch assignments at this time because it presents a much more complex scenario. It's possible I could tackle that in the future, but this is still a step forward for now. For the time being you will still need multiple accounts if your user must be assigned to branches within their trees.
With TNG v12, the user can now be
- restricted to a tree / branch combination
- assigned to multiple trees