Abbreviate First Names
|Downloads of Abbreviate First Names are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Abbreviate First Names|
|Summary||Abbreviate first names for not logged in visitors.|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||26 May 2015|
|Download stats||Abbreviate First Names mod v10.1.1.0|
|Homepage||Abbreviate First Names (this page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums: TNG Specific - Code Discussion - Addons|
|Latest Mod||10.1.1.0 for TNG v10.1.1 - 11.0.0|
|Min TNG V||10.1.1|
|Max TNG V||11.0.0|
Purpose of the mod
To abbreviate the first names of all people for a not logged in person.
The method was found by accident (read: "programming error" ;-) but had been asked for by Henny Savenije on the mailing list.
Possible not expected display
In some situation(s) TNG wants to display the name slightly larger than normal.
I had to set the $hcard variable = null to prevent this from happening with all abbreviated names all the time.
Should you expect lager-than-normal sized names and they are not, you know why.
This mod was developed by Erik Hoppe
|TNG version:||≥ 10.1.1|
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list below)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG v10.1.1)
- Click on the download link, shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- NOTE! The .cfg file will open in your browser. It is un-compressed, 930 bytes.
- Use your browser's Save Page As... (or similar) to save the file to your computer and then move/copy/FTP it to the mods folder of your TNG system.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability.
- Replace all affected files with the copies you made before the installation of the mod.
- TNG Community Forums: TNG Specific - Code Discussion - Addons
Uninstalling the mod
If you want to completely Remove (uninstall) this mod and all its tables, you should
- click the Remove button to uninstall the mod and then
- click the Delete button to delete the config file from the mods folder.
|V10.1.1.0||26 May 2015||Introduction.|
Visualization of this mod (v10.1.1.0)
| This is a test database, therefore the strange "names".|
Without the mod:
|With the mod:|
Sites using this mod
As we don't use this mod, I can only show the screenshots above.
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Andersson, Hoppe, Sahlin, Thorell||Erik Hoppe||Mod author||Not this mod!||10.1.3||EN, DE, SE|
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod: