Difference between revisions of "Add GOV-ID Mod"
(→TNG User sites using this mod)
(→TNG User sites using this mod)
|Line 271:||Line 271:|
| [https://www.barta-joggele.li Barta Joggele Online]
| [https://www.barta-joggele.li Barta Joggele Online ]
| [[User:Geraldomeier|Gerald Meier]]
| [[User:Geraldomeier|Gerald Meier]]
Revision as of 09:40, 18 November 2018
|Add GOV-ID Mod|
|Summary||Adding of the GOV-ID to the places|
|Mod Updated||4 Jul 2018|
|Download stats||TNG V9/V10.0 View download statistics|
|Author(s)||Written by Ulli Heist. Modified by Martin Pannier. Modified by Carlos Heuser.|
|Homepage||Add GOV-ID Mod (This page)|
|Min TNG V||9.2.2 (versions below not tested)|
|Max TNG V||12.0.2|
admin_places.php, admin_addplace.php, admin_editplace.php, admin_newplace.php, admin_updateplace.php, admin_mergeplaces.php, placesearch.php, admin_gedcom2.php, gedimport_misc.php, German-UTF8/cust_text.php, English-UTF8/cust_text.php, English/cust_text.php, PortugueseBR, PortugueseBR-UTF8
The needed database table is created in UTF8 - the mod works with UTF8!
It is possible that even lower TNG versions can work with this modification.
Purpose of the mod
This modification establishes a link with Gov, the German Historical Gazetteer. Gov contains data about around one million places located mainly in Central Europe. In this Gazetteer each place is identified by a so called GOV-ID.
The modification allows to search for Gov-IDs and store them in the TNG database. If a place is associated to a GOV-ID, its page will display links to the corresponding pages in the Gazetteer, as well as links to related entries in the Wikipedia.
Warning: This mod changes the structure of the "Places" table in the TNG database. If you do not feel comfortable with this, please do not install this modification.
This modification was developed by Ulli Heist. There were additions by Martin Pannier. v11 and v12 versions are by Carlos Heuser.
Supported languages (cust_text.php)
- German (with %fileoptional:%)
- German-UTF8 (with %fileoptional:%)
- PortugueseBR (with %fileoptional:%)
- PortugueseBR-UTF8 (with %fileoptional:%)
Visualization of this mod
Since v12, the layout of the place page has been modified. An example can be seen here.
|(1) Administration >> Places||(2) Administration >> Places >> Add New|
|(3) Link to the Genealogical Gazetteer >> Copy the GOV-ID||(4) Administration >> Places >> Edit|
|(5) Place page with data displayed by the mod||(6) Gedcom export with _GOV tag|
Links included in the place page
This modification changes the place page (placesearch.php) as follows (see example in the picture below):
- For each part of the place name a link to the corresponding entry in the Wikipedia is generated. As usual in TNG, the comma is considered to be the separator of the parts of a place name. For example, if the place name is "Berlin, Brandenburg, Preußen, Deutschland", links to the entries "Berlin", "Brandenburg", "Preußen", and "Deutschland" will be created. These links point to the German, English or Portuguese Wikipedia, depending on the language the user has selected.
- A link to the corresponding entry in the GOV Gazetteer (in German) will be displayed. For the example this leads to a page like this one.
- A link to the corresponding entry in the German Genealogy Wiki (in German) will be displayed. For the example this leads to a page like this one.
If a place does not contain any notes, has no GOV-ID and has not been geo-referenced (has no latitude and longitude), these links are not displayed.
Example of a place page containing the links created by the modification:
Customization of the Wikipedia language
Regarding to the Wikipedia language, the modification allows the definition of exceptions for places that belong to specific countries. For this purpose the last part of the place name is considered to be the country name. For example, in the place name "Berlin, Brandenburg, Preußen, Deutschland", "Deutschland" is regarded as the country.
For a specific country, one may want to use the Wikipedia of that country, instead of the Wikipedia defined by the language that the user has selected for navigation.
In this case, an entry for the country must be created in the exceptions table that appears in the Mod configuration file:
$wiki_array = array( "Brasil"=>array("pt", "Portuguese"), "Portugal"=>array("pt", "Portuguese"), "Sweden"=>array("sv", "Swedish"),
The lines above show the beginning of an exception table (for a full example, see the distributed configuration file).
An entry like "Sweden"=>array("sv", "Swedish") specifies that if a place ends with "Sweden", the Swedish Wikipedia (indicated by "sv") will be used. The word "Swedish" is the name of the language.
This table must be created for each language supported by the modification. In the present version, English, German and Portuguese are supported. If someone needs an additional language please feel free to contact the author.
As this modification changes the Places table, a backup of this table is recommended (Admin >> Utilities >> Back up Table Data) prior to the installation.
Installation follows the usual procedure via Mod Manager (Administration >> Mod Manager), with an extra step at the end to the change the database structure:
- If you had a previous version of the modification installed, uninstall it.
- Download the add_gov_id_vX.X.X.X.zip-file
- After downloading the zip-file, unzip it and upload the extracted file (add_gov_id_vX.X.X.X.cfg) to the mods folder in your TNG installation.
- Follow the usual Mod installation procedure as described in this article: Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
- After the installation you must select Administration >> Places at least once (admin_places.php). This will add the additional column to the database table 'Places' that is needed to store the GOV-ID!. If you don't do this last step, the next gedcom import will fail!
History of changes
|V220.127.116.11||12 July 2018||
|V18.104.22.168||12 July 2018||
|V22.214.171.124||4 July 2018||
|V126.96.36.199||11 October 2017||
|V188.8.131.52||4 October 2016||
|V10.1.0.7||24 November 2015||
|V10.1.0.6||08 July 2015||
|V10.1.0.5||31 May 2015||
|V10.1.0.4||04 February 2015||
|V10.0.2.3||27 April 2014||
|V10.0.0.2||16 February 2014||
Notes about the mod and the GOV-database
The GOV-database is a project of the German Verein für Computergenealogie e.V..
In February 2014 the GOV-project was presented by Timo Kracke at Rootstech in Salt Lake City.
TNG User sites using this mod
Please add your site if you use this modification.
|Treichel-Familie.de||A. Treichel||Public & Private||184.108.40.206 / 12.0.1||DE, UK, FR, ES, PL|
|My family||(no public site)||see||D,(NL),(GB)|
|g.nomi||William Vincent||Integrated with WordPress||v220.127.116.11/v9.2.2||EN|
|Genealogy Scabell||Helga Scabell||CM4all||10.0.2.3/10.0.3||DE|
|Brazilian-German family trees||Carlos Heuser||12.0.1||PT-BR, DE, EN|
|Familienforschung Riehl & Kröber||Otto Riehl||(no public site)||18.104.22.168/11.1.2||DE, EN, ES, FR, PT,|
|Racine d'Alsace||J-Louis Valory||Public/Private - T17 customized||22.214.171.124/12.0.2||FR|
|Barta Joggele Online aus Mauren, Liechtenstein||Gerald Meier||Private||126.96.36.199/12.0.2||DE, EN, ES, FR, PT|
The Historical Gazetteer - GOV-project