Add GOV-ID Mod
|Add GOV-ID Mod|
|Summary||Adding of the GOV-ID to the places|
|Mod Updated||4 Jul 2018|
|Download stats||TNG V9/V10.0 View download statistics|
|Author(s)||Written by Ulli Heist. Modified by Martin Pannier. Modified by Carlos Heuser.|
|Homepage||Add GOV-ID Mod (This page)|
|Min TNG V||9.2.2 (versions below not tested)|
|Max TNG V||12.0.1|
admin_places.php, admin_addplace.php, admin_editplace.php, admin_newplace.php, admin_updateplace.php, admin_mergeplaces.php, placesearch.php, admin_gedcom2.php, gedimport_misc.php, German-UTF8/cust_text.php, English-UTF8/cust_text.php, English/cust_text.php, PortugueseBR, PortugueseBR-UTF8
The needed database table is created in UTF8 - the mod works with UTF8!
It is possible that even lower TNG versions can work with this modification.
Purpose of the mod
This modification allows you to search, input and store the GOV-ID in TNG. What the GOV-ID means, is explained in the GenWiki (currently only in German). For additional information about the Genealogical Gazetteer see here or in the TNG-Wiki.
With mod-version 126.96.36.199 and higher:
For the GEDCOM import of the GOV-ID (tag _GOV) the modification must be installed and the additional column must be set up in the database table 'Places'!
This modification was developed by Ulli Heist. There were additions by Martin Pannier. TNG v11 and v12 fixes by Carlos Heuser.
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all tables (at least Places) at Admin >> Utilities >> Back up Table Data.
- A backup these files:
- gedimport_misc.php (with Mod-Version 188.8.131.52 and higher)
- Download of the add_gov_id_vX.X.X.X.zip-file
- After download of the zip-file, unzip and upload the add_gov_id_vX.X.X.X.cfg-file into the mods-folder.
- Follow the normal automatic Installation of the Mod Manager, as described in example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the Add_GOV-ID_Mod.cfg-file.
- After the installation you have to select once at Administration >> Places (admin_places.php), so that the additional column will be added to the database table 'Places' to store the GOV-ID! Otherwise the next gedcom import will fail!
History of changes
|V184.108.40.206||4 July 2018||
|V220.127.116.11||11 October 2017||
|V18.104.22.168||4 October 2016||
|V10.1.0.7||24 November 2015||
|V10.1.0.6||08 July 2015||
|V10.1.0.5||31 May 2015||
|V10.1.0.4||04 February 2015||
|V10.0.2.3||27 April 2014||
|V10.0.0.2||16 February 2014||
Supported languages (cust_text.php)
- German (with %fileoptional:%)
- German-UTF8 (with %fileoptional:%)
- PortugueseBR (with %fileoptional:%)
- PortugueseBR-UTF8 (with %fileoptional:%)
Visualization of this mod
Since v12, the layout of the place page has been modified. An example can be seen here.
|(1) Administration >> Places||(2) Administration >> Places >> Add New|
|(3) Link to the Genealogical Gazetteer >> Copy the GOV-ID||(4) Administration >> Places >> Edit|
|(5) Display of all place informations above the map||(6) Gedcom export with _GOV tag|
Notes about the mod and the GOV-database
The autor of this mod use only the content of the GOV-database and is not directly involved in their development.
... Even the translation of the documentation and description of the GOV-database belong not to our tasks.
The GOV-database is a project of the German Verein für Computergenealogie e.V..
In February 2014 the GOV-project was presented by Timo Krackeat the Rootstech in Salt Lake City.
TNG User sites using this mod
Please add your site if you use this modification.
|My family||(no public site)||see||D,(NL),(GB)|
|g.nomi||William Vincent||Integrated with WordPress||v22.214.171.124/v9.2.2||EN|
|Adler-Wien||Herbert Fischer||mod 10.1.0.7/tng 11.0.0||DE,(GB)|
|Genealogy Scabell||Helga Scabell||CM4all||10.0.2.3/10.0.3||DE|
|Brazilian-German family trees||Carlos Heuser||12.0.1||PT-BR, DE, EN|
|Familienforschung Riehl & Kröber||Otto Riehl||(no public site)||126.96.36.199/11.1.2||DE, EN, ES, FR, PT,|
|racine d'Alsace||J-Louis Valory||Public/Private - Template 17||188.8.131.52/12.0.1||French|
The Historical Gazetteer - GOV-project