Admin Branches Queue
(formerly Branch Timestamps)
|Admin Branches Queue|
|Summary||Implements a queuing mechanism that can perform branch label operations for multiple branches in a batch that processes each branch in sequence. New database fields are used to record the time and action of latest 'add labels', 'clear labels', 'delete records', or 'edit' operation performed on each branch, whether the action is launched through a queue or 'manually' in admin_editoptions.php.|
|Mod Updated||21 Mar 2020|
See older versions in the Revision History
|Homepage||this pageRobin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||11.0|
|Max TNG V||12.3|
ajx_labels.php, admin_branches.php, admin_editbranch.php, admin_updatebranch.php, English cust_text.php. Installs: rrbranchesqueue_dbsetup.php, rrbranchesqueue_status.php, rrbranchesqueue_ajx.php, rrbranchesqueue_dequeue.php, rrbranchesqueue.php, rrbranchesqueue_restore_ajx.php
Admin Branches (required)
Purpose of the Mod
To make it easier to rebuild (relabel) multiple branches from their branch rules, and to know whether branches have been or need to be rebuilt. This mod
- Installs database fields and AJAX programs that mark Branch operations with timestamps in the TNG Branches table, so that administrators can know when or whether a Branch has been updated or cleared.
- Implements a simple queuing mechanism that allows site administrators to queue tasks that Add (aka Rebuild) or Clear branch labels. This queuing mechanism is of particular importance on large sites, where Branch operations take a long time.
- Modifies the Admin>>Branches>>Search results screen to show the status of each branch.
- Adds queuing options to the Admin>>Branches editor.
- Installs a Branch Queuing application from which an administrator can directly run some Branch operations, and can queue Branch operations to run in the background.
- This program is similar to the Admin>>Branches>>Search program, and is launched from a tab labeled "Queue Actions"
- Provides a way for branches to be rebuilt accurately after a Gedcom Import.
- The issue here is that the native Gedcom Import Secondary Process to "Relabel Branches" uses the old branch index (the branchlinks table), but the Gedcom Import can change who belongs in a branch, and thus make the branch index obsolete.
- Thus, this mod simplifies and optimizes the process of running complete branch label rebuilds, using the branch rules (e.g. ancestor generations, descendant generations, etc.)
This mod is compatible with Add Name to PersonID, Tree ID Mod, and TreeID-One Column, and depends on Admin Branches. Is is not compatible with Branches Sort mod because Admin Branches has a direct conflict. But the goal of Branches Sort mod, to sort related branches together in the Admin Branches Search results table, is only achieved if the related branches use the common BranchID at the very beginning of their BranchIDs. The Queue Actions program supplied by this mod can focus on all of related branches.
- This mod is dependent on Admin Branches, which also adds columns to the Admin>>Branches results table, and adds options to the Branch Editor.
- The optional Show Mod Names mod will use data saved by Admin Branches Queue to to display information about the mods that affect admin_branches.php and admin_branchedit.php if and only if Show Mod Names is installed.
- rrbranchesqueue_dbsetup.php - A script that sets up the new database fields that track queuing. It is launched from the mod description block within the Mod Manager List.
- rrbranchesqueue.php - The queuing app launched from the new "Queue Actions" tab. It lists selected branches and allows the user to enqueue jobs that rebuild (i.e. label) or clear the labels from multiple branches.
- rrbranchesqueue_ajx.php - An AJAX program to queue a list of branches for processing. Invoked by rrbranchesqueue.php.
- rrbranchesqueue_dequeue.php - An action script called by admin_editbranch.php to remove a job from an action queue. Invoked from admin_branchedit.php.
- rrbranchesqueue_status.php - An AJAX program that checks the status of the queued branch tasks. Invoked from admin_branches.php and rrbranchesenqueue.php
- rrbranchesqueue_restore_ajx.php - An AJAX program to relabel one branch by copying the branch index; similar to the secondary process that relabels all branches.
Admin Branches Queue uses, but is not packaged with, and does not install the shared Include file that supports Inner Mod Menus. Admin Branches Queue can get by without installing that module because Admin Branches Queue is dependent on Admin Branches, which is distributed with the Inner Mod Menu module, and can install it.
Admin Branches Queue uses the normal installation process.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
| Admin>>Branches>>Search Before installation of either Admin Branches or Admin Branches Queue|
The buttons at the bottom of this form generate cascading pop-up forms that I find confusing. The Admin Branches mod changes that workflow so that more actions can be taken without popups.
| Admin>>Branches>>Search After Installation of Admin Branches|
|Admin>>Branches>>Search After installation of both Admin Branches and Admin Branches Queue|
| Admin>>Branches>>Search The Inner Mod Menu|
Both Admin Branches and Admin Branches Queue generate Inner Mod Menus in the Admin>>Branches search form, and in Admin>>Branches>>Edit. The two menus are consolidated in one menu as shown here.
In Admin>>Branches>>Edit, the only difference is that the last link for Admin Branches Queue goes to a section of the Wiki article that describes the changes made to that program.
| Admin>>Branches>>Edit After Installation of Admin Branches|
See the Admin Branches Wiki article for more annotation of the two forms on this page:
| Admin>>Branches>>Edit After both mods have been installed.|
The Branch Edit page has three HTML forms, each of which is surrounded by a fieldset.
| Admin>>Branches>>Queue Actions Page After installation of both mods|
This page is similar to the Branch Search page in that it lists all of the branches that match a search, and lets you select or clear checkboxes for each branch. But unlike the Branch Search Page
| Admin>>Branches>>Queue Actions Page Reflecting some queued actions|
This screen clip was generated by refreshing the page quickly after actions were queued by the "Queue to add labels" button. Note that the "hk-hutch" branch is being processed, and the "hk-huyk" and "Marwil" branches are queued up to be processed next.
| Admin>>Branches>>Queue Actions Page After queued actions have completed.
| Admin>>Branches>>Queue Actions Page Showing a 'dummy branches' search
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|22.214.171.124a||12.0+||21 Mar 2020||
|126.96.36.199||12.0+||3 Jan 2020||
|Branch Timestamps v188.8.131.52||12.0+||15 May 2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|Branch Timestamps v184.108.40.206||11.0-11.1.2||5 Mar 2018||No functional changes - Removed the second line from the cust_text.php target location search string, and replaced a message with a translation string.|
|Branch Timestamps v220.127.116.11a||11.0-11.1.2||31 May 2017||New mod. Beta status|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|URL||User||Note||Mod Version||TNG Version||User language|
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||18.104.22.168a||12.3||English|
|racine d'Alsace||J-Louis Valory||Pubic/Privat - Template 1||22.214.171.124a||11.1.1||French|