Admin Branches Show Users
|Admin Branches Show Users|
|Summary||Modifies the Show Branch Members popup to include Users assigned to the branch|
|Mod Updated||5 Oct 2020|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||this page|
|Min TNG V||13.0|
|Max TNG V||13|
ajx_showbranch.php, admin_editbranch.php, getperson.php, admin_genconfig.php
The only changes this mod makes to getperson.php and admin_genconfig.php are to assign a value to a global array so that code added by Regroup Person-Branch Members can know at execution time that the Show Branch Members popup box can list branch-assigned users.
Purpose of the Mod
To include branch-assigned users in the branch members popup. The new features of the popup include:
- It ignores $tree as an input querystring parameter, since $branch is sufficient to identify the tree and branch uniquely.
- In the heading, it displays the tree to which the branch belongs, next to the branch name (unless the database has only one tree.)
- The heading now has id='top', to be used as a hyperlink destination.
- The word "Families" in the heading line with people and family counts is a hyperlink to the list of families.
- Person names and family names are now in ordered lists.
- Person names are now hyperlinked to the Person Profile rather than to the Person editor.
- There is now a heading above the list of families, with a hyperlink to the top of the litbox.
- Families are now hyperlinked to the Family Profile rather than tp the family editor.
- There is a list to the top of the litbox from the bottom.
- A new querystring parameter $showusers controls whether the branch's users are listed.
- In the new list of users
- The "realname" field from the users is the value that identifies each user
- If the user has an email address, the realname is displayed as a mailto: hyperlink.
- If the user has an associated person, that person's ID and name are displayed as a hyperlink to the person profile.
- If Regroup Person-Branch Members is also installed, the list branch members/user list can be invoked from the Person Profile. Thus
- The lists of people and families must make sure that the current user is allowed to see these people and families. If some records are restricted from being seen by the user, the restricted records are completely omitted from the lists.
- To accommodate inaccessible records, it modifies the wording in the subheading and adds the count of inaccessible records
- If any records are omitted from the lists because they are inaccessible by the user, a new message says how many were omitted.
This mod has no options, but the Regroup Person-Branch Members mod has options that control whether branch member popups in the Person Profile can show branch members or branch-assigned users.
No known mod conflicts or strict dependencies, but do please let me know if you find any.
- Regroup Person-Branch Members, from which this mod was spun off, allows the branch members/users popup to be launched from the Person Profile. Admin Branches Show Users assigned a value to a variable in getperson.php and admin_genconfig.php so that code added by Regroup Person-Branch Members can know at execution time that the Show Branch Members popup box can list branch-assigned users.
- In particular, when Admin Branches Show Users is installed, the mod options added to admin_genconfig.php by Regroup Person-Branch Members control whether, for certain classes of users, the branch-assigned users are included in the branch members popup.
- This mod gathers data that can be used by the optional mod Show Mod Names, but there is no dependency on Show Mod Names
In TNGv13, this mod includes a typical mod subfolder, with the same base name as the mod's .cfg file. The subfolder is atypical in that no files in it are installed to working TNG folders. However, it does contain critical files that contain the mod's language strings, which the mod does not add to standard cust_text.php files. Instead, the PHP code modified by this mod loads the language strings from files in the mod's languages/ subfolder. Read more about this technique.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
| In the popup list created by ajx_showbranch.php:|
|Admin Branch Edit BEFORE:|
| When you click on the button shown, the members of the branch are listed in the pop-up box. Note that the button and the pop-up box heading are identical, and that they refer to "people" rather than "members" (which include families).|
|Admin Branch Edit AFTER:|
| In the popup box:
|Mod Version||TNG Versions||Date||Note|
|v188.8.131.52||13||5Oct2020||New mod, spun off from Regroup Person-Branch Members|
This mod, like many of my newer mods, does not add strings to the standard TNG cust_text.php files. Instead, the language strings are stored in the
languages subfolder of the mod's normal subfolder, in files named
French-UTF8_custtext.php.) I'm using this nonstandard technique for several reasons, but there is a rarely-relevant downside that comes in to play only if you want to override the string value that the mod assigns to a language string. (Read about the problem and the solution.)
TNG User sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below
| Richmond's Genealogy Database
(See the new popup in a specific Person Profile)
|Robin Richmond||Mod developer||184.108.40.206||13||English|