|Summary||Simplifies the entry of languages by combining the Search, Edit, and Add New forms into one screen, and provides more meaningful prompts for languages and character sets.|
|Mod Updated||17 Nov 2020|
See the Revision History for older versions
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||10.1|
|Max TNG V||13.0.1|
admin_languages.php, English cust_text.php
This mod makes admin_addlanguage.php and admin_editlanguage.php obsolete
Purpose of the Mod
This mod improves workflow by combining the Search, Add New, and Edit forms into one screen. The mod also enhances the Add New Language form to come up with more meaningful values for the Display Language and Character Set fields.
That is, depending on which language folder is selected by the user,
- The input box for the language display value (e.g. German vs Dutch vs German-UTF8, etc.) may be converted into checkboxes that populate an input box into which the user can ultimately enter an arbitrary value.
- The input box for the character set is initialized to "UTF-8" for all UTF8 language folders, to "ISO-8559-2" for Czech and Polish, and to "ISO-8559-1" for all other language folders.
Mod Version 2 Uninstallation
Admin Languages v10.1.0.2 (i.e. v2) contains some ambiguous code fragments in two target locations, and thus does not uninstall correctly. It uninstalls without error, but it leaves an incorrect string in the PHP program admin_languages.php so that admin_languages.php neither works correctly, nor allows the Admin Languages mod to be re-installed.
After uninstalling Admin Languages v2, you can repair admin_languages.php either by
- Restoring it from the original admin_languages.php in your TNG download, or
- Installing Admin Languages Repair, from the zip file listed on the right.
Once you have Installed Admin Languages Repair, you should just delete it; Do NOT Uninstall Admin Languages Repair. And by all means, delete Admin Languages v2 once you have uninstalled it.
No other mods affect admin_languages.php.
- The optional mod Inner Mod Menus displays an "Inner Mod Menu" in the TNG "inner menu" (just below the tab menu). The Inner Mod Menu is defined by this mod but is visible only if Inner Mod Menus is installed. It is also visible only to TNG administrators; never to end-users. I highly recommend that you install the Inner Mod Menus mod because Inner Mod Menus provide links to handy information - particularly to the mod settings blocks for this mod's options.
- This mod gathers data that can be used by the optional mod Show Mod Names, but there is no dependency on Show Mod Names
In TNGv13, this mod includes a typical mod subfolder, with the same base name as the mod's .cfg file. The subfolder is atypical in that no files in it are installed to working TNG folders. However, it does contain critical files that contain the mod's language strings, which the mod does not add to standard cust_text.php files. Instead, the PHP code modified by this mod loads the language strings from files in the mod's languages/ subfolder. Read more about this technique.
In mod version 126.96.36.199b and earlier, this mod contains a mod subfolder that is shared with other mods that implement Inner_Mod_Menus. Because of the shared subfolder, as you unzip or copy the mod, you might get a warning noting that a file or folder already exists. You can just ignore that warning.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
|Mod Version||TNG Versions||Date||Note|
|188.8.131.52a||13-13.0.1||17 Nov 2020|| In both admin_addlanguage.php and admin_updatelanguage.php, split one location into two conditional locations
to handle a syntax error correction in TNGv13.0.1.
|184.108.40.206||13||20 Sep 2020||
|220.127.116.11b||12.0 - 12.3||28 Mar 2019|| No functional changes.
|18.104.22.168||12.0+||4 May 2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|22.214.171.124||11.0 - 11.1.2+||1 Dec 2017|| - Removed a comment line from the cust_text.php target locations search strings|
- Updated the mod for TNGv11, which added a field to the Languages table.
|10.1.0.3||10.1.0 - 10.1.2||18 Sep 2015||Fixed the problem that causes version 2 to uninstall badly. Also defaults to ISO-8559-2 for Czech and Polish non-UTF language folders.|
|10.1.0.2||10.1.0 - 10.1.2||12 Sep 2015||Added the edit form to the Search & Add New page. Added logic to provide choices to populate the Display and Character Set fields.|
|10.1.0.1||10.1.0 - 10.1.1||30 Apr 2015||Initial release.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||126.96.36.199||13||English|
|MOTYER Family Genealogy||John Mark Motyer||Public site||see here||see here||EN, DE, RU|