Admin No Frameset
| This brand-new mod is in a beta testing state, so use it with caution. In particular, since it modifies adminlib.php and affects ALL admin programs, you definitely should back up adminlib.php before installing it.
Robin Richmond 2 May 2020
|Admin No Framset|
|Summary||Adds menus to all Admin pages that effectively replace the upper and left-side frames in the Admin frameset, allowing all admin programs to run outside of the frameset.|
|Mod Updated||2 May 2020|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||12.0|
|Max TNG V||12.3|
adminlib.php, admin_genconfig.php, admin_updateconfig.php, English cust_text.php.
Installs rrnoframeset_home.php, rrnoframes_adminlib_include.php, rrnoframes_config_include.php, several icon files.
May Install rrshared_innermodmenu4.php, rrshared_modsettingsblocks4.php, rrshared_wikilogo.gif
Purpose of the Mod
To allow TNG admins to simplify the Admin menu by limiting it to a set of selected Admin programs (with, of course, the ability to expand to the entire set), and to allow all admin programs to run outside of the standard admin frameset. Among other advantages, running outside of the frameset:
- Allows each admin program to be invoked directly,
- Puts the admin program's title in the browser's title box, and
- Puts the admin program's address in the browser's address bar.
Both the left-hand menu and the upper-right menus are optional and are inside the un-framed admin page, not in frames. In this screen clip
- You can see that the left-hand menu looks almost the same as the native frameset's left-hand menu, except that the administrative programs are defined in three submenus:
- "Operations" - Import/Export, Miscellaneous, Mod Manager, Setup, and Utilities (in alphabetical order)
- "Objects", which lists 6 of TNG's Admin programs that have been selected by the TNG admin.
- "More Object", which, when opened, lists all the rest of the admin programs.
- In the upper right, the first two buttons are just links to the Admin and End-user home pages, and the other two buttons are pull-down menus that correspond to the "Operations" and "Objects" submenus in the left-hand menu.
This mod's options are implemented as custom TNG settings, in a new 'Mod Settings Block at Admin>>Setup>>General Settings>>Robin's Mods. The options and their effects are described and illustrated here.
No other mods affect adminlib.php, but the effects of mods that change the admin home page may be lost. This mod does incorporate the links installed in the top frame by Prolog and an error log mod by Key Roy whose name escapes me at the moment.
This mod has two mod subfolders:
- admin_no_frameset_v184.108.40.206h - The subfolder that you expect to exist for any mod that installs files. It contains
- rrnoframeset_home.php - An stand-alone unframed home page that can have a limited set of admin program options when it first loads.
- rrnoframes_adminlib_include.php - An library of PHP functions that is included in adminlib.php. Its functions display the optional administrative menus that this mod adds to admin programs.
- rrnoframes_config_include.php - An Include file for admin_genconfig.php (Admin>>Setup>>Generasl Settings) that defines this mod's mod options.
- rrnoframes_open.gif & rrnoframes_close.gif - Icons that hide and reveal the left-hand menu.
- rrnoframes_whitedown.gif & rrnoframes_whiteright.gif - Icons that hid and open submenus in the left-hand and upper-right menus.
- The shared folder RR-shared_mod_includes_v220.127.116.11, which contains files that help to manage mod options in many of my mods. It contains
- rrshared_modsettingsblocks4.php, an Include file that builds https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Inner_Mod_Menus Inner Mod Menus] from convention HTML layout tables that my mods place in Admin>>Config programs.
- img/rrshared_wikilogo.gif - An icon that links to a mod's TNG Wiki page from a Mod Settings Block
Each mod that contains the shared folder RR-shared_mod_includes_v18.104.22.168 may install both of its files, depending on whether those files have already been installed by another mod that implements Mod Settings Blocks. Once a file from the shared folder has been installed (by any mod), that file will not be overwritten or removed by the subsequent installation or un-installation of any mod (including this one), nor will its presence generate any Mod Manager errors in uninstalled mods.
If you unzip mod distribution files directly into your mods folder, then the presence of the shared subfolder and the installation of its files should be invisible to you. But if you generally copy mod subfolders to your mods folder after you have unzipped the distribution file, then you need to make sure to copy the shared subfolder (well, unless you are confident that it is already in your mods folder because it was part of another mod).
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
|1. The Unframed Admin Home Page showing the programs that have been selected to be displayed in this page and in the Admin menus, plus a link that displays the rest of the Admin programs|
|2. The Unframed Admin Home Page, showing how the rest of the Objects are displayed in both columns of tiles.|
|3. The Left-Hand Menu - Hidden|
|4. The upper-right "Operations" menu|
|5. The upper-right "Objects" menu showing the six selected Object and a submenu heading for all other objects
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.