Template:RobinV12 cust text update
Purpose of the Mod
Creates a new Placelevel of -1 for "Don't Geocode"
Defines a TNG system parameter that establishes the number of desired decimal digits in Geocodes and rounds all Geocodes calculated from maps,
In the Admin>>Places>>Geocode 'batch' Geoding program:
In Admin>>Places>>Search and Admin>>Places>>Edit, Geocodes are rounded automatically.
A new Admin program can round all Geocodes in the database.
</ol>a new "Round" button that rounds existing geocodes to six decimal places.
- You can limit the Geocoding to selected Mediatypes,
- Geocoding results are displayed right on the Geocode form, and
- New filters can ignore certain problematic placename components.
In the distributed TNG code, admin_geocodeform.php displays the kickoff form, which invokes admin_geocode.php to do the geocoding. After admin_geocode.php displays the results, it displays a link back to the kickoff form in admin_geocodeform.php.
This mod moves the PHP code that does geocoding into admin_geocodeform.php so that the results can be displayed on the same web page as another kickoff form. With this change, admin_geocode.php is no longer used at all.
Compatibility with other Mods
This mod is compatible with Places Subject to Deletion, Tree ID Mod, Admin Places Search, TreeID-One Column, Placename Format, which also affect the Admin >> Places program.
Other Related Mods
- The Admin Places Search mod changes the Place Level column to show descriptive values ("Country", "State/Province", etc) rather than raw numbers, and displays "Do Not Geocode" for the new value of -1 that is implemented by this mod. But there is no dependency between the two mods.
- Note that the change to display descriptive values in Admin Places Search does not take into account changes made by the following mods which add additional place levels to TNG
- which results in incorrect descriptive values being displayed. --KenRoy (talk) 11:44, 18 May 2017 (CDT)
- The Geocode Assist Mod v10.0.0.2 will suppress the Geocode Globe is the place level is set to -1 (Do not Geocode).
- If you import your data, this value may not be preserved across an import. See the Do Not Geocode section in the Geocode Assist Mod on how to preserve the value across an import.
- This mod saves data that can be used by the optional Show Mod Names utility mod, but it is not dependent on that mod.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Contact me through My Mod Support form.
Visualization of this Mod
| BEFORE: The Admin >> Places >> Geocode Kickoff form, and the results page|
Note that the "Reset" checkbox, which causes all "geoignore" flags in the selected tree to be reset, was introduced with TNGv11, but the mod also works for TNGv10.1, which does not have that checkbox.
| AFTER: The initial kickoff form|
| AFTER: Geocoding results, with the kickoff form on same page|
| BEFORE: The Admin >> Places Editor|
(It may look a little odd with the map hidden)
| AFTER: The Admin >> Places Editor|
| AFTER: New text in the Places help file|
This mod also adds text to the "Add New/Edit" section of the help file, but that text is not shown here.
- The latest version of the mod is at the top of this table ***
| Mod Version
|| TNG Version
|| 4 May 2018
|| No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.
|| 10 Nov 2017
|| Defines a TNG system parameter that establishes the number of desired decimal digits in Geocodes and rounds all Geocodes calculated from maps. Provides new filters can ignore certain problematic placename components.
|| 19 Apr 2017
|| New mod.
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.