Admin Places Search
|Admin Places Search|
|Summary||Adds search options and results details to the Admin>>Places>>Search program|
|Mod Updated||14 Nov 2018|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||12.0|
|Max TNG V||at least 12.0.2|
admin_places.php, cust_text.php English
Purpose of the Mod
Modifies the Admin >> Places >> Search form and results list as follows:
- Adds 3 search options:
- "Results Per Page", which overrides the system value ($maxresults)
- "Show Place Notes", which are displayed in a new column.
- "Show Cemetery Links", which are displayed as an HTML entity in a new column. When the Cemetery Links column is displayed, a table footnote describes that column.
- Allows the Regular Expression anchor characters ^ and $ to be placed at the beginning and/or the end of the search string. (See the visualizations for a specific example.)
- Adds an information icon next to the Search field that hyperlinks to the new text in the Places Help file.
- Adds a Placeholder text message in the Search field to note that the anchor characters can be used there.
- Draws a fieldset around the search form to help distinguish it from the action/pagination form.
- Displays the tree and searchstring parameters (if they have values) at the top of the results table.
- Rounds longitude and latitude values to the number of decimal digits supplied by a mod parameter (for display only)
- In the Placelevel column, displays descriptive names such as Location, Town, and County rather. Will also display the numeric Placelevel value if directed by a mod parameter.
- Omits the Tree column if a tree was selected
- Adds text describing these changes to the Places Help file.
- ShowPlaceLevelNumber:false - Whether to show the PlaceLevel number (0, 1, 2, etc.) in addition to the PlaceLevel description (Not Set, Address, Location, etc.)
This mod is compatible with Admin Places Geocode, Places Subject to Deletion, and TreeID-One Column, as well as with two mods, Google Maps - More Place Levels Mod and Google maps 15 that add Placelevel definitions. It is not compatible with Tree ID Mod, but TreeID-One Column accomplishes the same purpose as Tree ID Mod. TreeID-One Column just uses one column instead of two to display the Tree ID and Tree Name, and avoids a couple of mod conflicts.
- Admin Places Geocode defines the Placelevel value of -1 to mean "Do not Geocode". This mod defines the string "Do not Geocode" that is displayed when it sees a value of -1 for the Placelevel.
- Admin Places Geocode also installs a system parameter that controls the number of decimal digits in Latitude and Longitude values. If that parameter is not present, then this mod rounds Latitude and Longitude to 5 decimal digits.
- This mod uses the Field Buttons mod, which displays small controls next to some form fields. However, it does not require that Field Buttons be installed. If Field Buttons is not installed, then the buttons simply do not appear.
- This mod saves data that can be used by the optional Show Mod Names utility mod, but it is not dependent on that mod.
This mod uses the standard installation procedure. [Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
| BEFORE: The Pristine Admin >> Places screen, with the system variable $maxresults (Results per page) set to 30.|
| AFTER: Search results without a search string, highlighting some of the new features|
| AFTER: Results for the search string "cemetery", with the "Show notes" and "Show Cemetery Links" options selected.|
| AFTER: When the "Missing Latitude or Longitude" option is selected.|
| AFTER: The help text added by this mod|
| AFTER: Field Buttons|
Field buttons are described further in the Field Button mod article. The Field Buttons mod is necessary to make the field buttons visible.
|Mod Version||TNG Versions||Date||Note|
|220.127.116.11a||12.0+||14Nov2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|18.104.22.168a||11.0+||28Dec2017|| Visibly, added "field buttons". Technical changes include
|22.214.171.124a||11.0+||30May2017||Added the Insert Links function to the Place Notes so that URLs and and FindAGrave ID's are displayed as hyperlinks. First non-beta version|
|126.96.36.199||11.0+||26May2017||Now compatible with Google Maps - More Place Levels Mod and Google maps 15. Also added the two mod parameters.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||188.8.131.52a||11.1.1||English|
|Our Roy and Boucher Family||Ken Roy||Modified to display correct Place Level description to support Google Maps - More Place Levels Mod and Google maps 15.||184.108.40.206||11.1.1||English, French|
|Cole / Tanner Family Tree||David Cole||Public/Private||see here||see here||English|