Admin Reports Search
|Admin Reports Search (formerly Admin Reports List)|
|Summary||Adds search features and results table columns to the Admin>>Reports>>Search page, and tweaks the Admin>>Reports>>Edit form so that it can both edit existing reports and add new reports.|
|Mod Updated||15 Dec 2019|
See the Revision History for older versions
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||9.2.2|
|Max TNG V||12.2|
admin_reports.php, admin_editreport.php, admin_addreport.php, English cust_text.php
May Install rrshared_innermodmenu3.php, rrshared_modsettingsblocks3.php, rrshared_wikilogo.gif
Purpose of the Mod
To improve the usability of the Admin>>Reports>>Search page.
- Changes to the search form:
- The Add New tab invokes the (enhanced) Edit Report form instead of the (now defunct) New Report form.
- An Add New button goes one step further, and uses the Search string as the initial Report Name.
- A new 'Result per Page' field lets you specify a value that is different from the TNG System Variable
- Field Buttons have been added to the Search string and to the Results Per Page Field
- Adds four columns to the results table to provide more information about each report:
- # of Display fields in the report definition,
- # of Criteria elements in the report definition,
- # of Sort fields in the report definition, and
- A 'Direct SQL' column that indicates whether the report contains a direct SQL statement, and that displays the entire SQL query when you hover over a 'Yes' in the 'Direct SQL' column
No known incompatibilities. This mod is compatible with Reports Action Queries which is the only other published mod that claims to modify the Admin>>Reports>>Search page, and with Reports-Floating Editor, which is the only other published mod that claims to modify Admin>>Reports>>Edit.
I have written three other mods that affect reports:
- Reports-Floating Editor makes better use of large computer screens when reports are being edited (at Admin>>Reports>>Edit). It allows the blocks of form fields that build the report to float side-by-side on the computer screen so that more of them can be seen at once. It also can unclutter the screen a bit by hiding either the report-building fields or the direct SQL field, since they can't really be used together. Reports-Floating Editor affects only the Report Editor, admin_editreport.php.
- Reports Action Queries allows SQL Action Queries to be run in the TNG Reports system. It affects the Admin>>Reports>>Search page (admin_reports.php) and showreport.php.
- Reports-Floating Results allows narrow reports to wrap into side-by-side report columns so that more data can be seen on the screen or printed page. It affects only showreport.php.
|BEFORE The unmodified Admin>>Reports>Search screen|
| AFTER Highlighting the new elements in the form and the results table
| AFTER Showing pop-up SQL Code
| AFTER Field Buttons|
See the Field Buttons Wiki article for more information.
This mod is packaged with a mod subfolder that is shared with several other mods. The shared folder RR-shared_mod_includes_v18.104.22.168 contains files that help to manage mod options in many of my mods:
Each mod that contains the shared folder may install some or all of its shared files, depending on whether those files already exist. Once a file from the shared folder has been installed (by any mod), that file will not be overwritten or removed by the subsequent installation or un-installation of any mod (including this one), nor will its presence or absence generate any Mod Manager errors.
If you unzip mod distribution files directly into your mods folder, then the presence of the shared subfolder and the installation of its files should be invisible to you. But if you generally copy mod subfolders to your mods folder after you have unzipped the distribution file, then you need to make sure to copy the folder RR-shared_mod_includes_v22.214.171.124 (well, unless you are confident that it is already in your mods folder because it was part of another mod). [Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|126.96.36.199a||12.0 - 12.2+||15Dec2019||No Functional Changes - Upgraded to version 3 of the shared mod libraries|
|188.8.131.52||12.0 - 12.2+||2Oct2019||Added field buttons and the inner mod menu|
|184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11||11.*, 12.0+||13May2018||Restored the normal 'Add New' tab, removed the 'Add New' button from earlier versions, and brought a copy of the mod into compliance with TNGv12.|
|Admin Reports List 10.1.0.1||10.1-11.1 (at least; I believe that it should work for TNGv9 and TNGv10.0)||4May2017|| Visible changes:
Plus these internal changes:
|18.104.22.168 download||9.2.2 - 10.1 (at least; I believe it works at least through TNGv11.1)||17Jan2015||Initial release.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||22.214.171.124b||12.0||English|
|DJCM.DK||Claus Martinussen||126.96.36.199||10.1.3||Danish, English|
|Wortelboer Genealogy||Bernard Wortelboer||188.8.131.52||10.1.3||Dutch, English|