Difference between revisions of "Admin Thumbnails"
(→Sites using this mod)
(add my site)
|Line 121:||Line 121:|
| [[User: lastejas|See Here]]
| [[User: lastejas|See Here]]
Revision as of 08:21, 15 February 2019
|Summary||Allows users to control which mediatypes and tree to process, and can create thumbnails for larger image files.|
|Mod Updated||5 May 2018|
|Download link||v188.8.131.52a.zip TNG 12|
For older versions, see the Revision History below.
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||10.1|
|Max TNG V||at least 12.0|
admin_generatethumbs.php, admin_thumbnails.php, English cust_text.php
Purpose of the Mod
To make the the generation of thumbnails quicker and more flexible. Changes include:
- A mod parameter lets you increase the file size limit (which is normally 1MB), since most servers seem able to process files of 2MB or more.
- Process only the Mediatypes and tree that have been selected (I generally don't bother with censuses and documents)
- Generate a list of new thumbnail paths and offer to display it.
- Displays files that couldn't be processed (and offers to hide that list).
On a technical note: This mod turn admin_generatethumbs.php into an Include file that is included directly in admin_thumbnails.php, which, in the native code, runs admin_generatethumbs.php through AJAX. Unfortunately, using AJAX causes some errors to be hidden and makes it impractical to interrupt a long-running operation.
Skip files larger than this size, in KB (defaults to 2000)
PHP crashes badly if it runs out of memory when trying to create a thumbnail, and the pristine code sets 1000Kb; that is, 1MB, as a reasonably conservative limit. I have found that I can get by with 2.5MB (2500KB) on my servers.
Compatibility With Other Mods
This mod is compatible with Unused Media, the only other published mod that affects either program.
Like virtually all of my mods, this mod uses, but does not in any way depend on, Show Mod Names.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|184.108.40.206a||12.0+||16 Oct 2018|| No functional changes; fixed a couple of bugs.
changed the .cfg file to be compatible with PHP code that was changed in TNGv12.
|10.1.0.3p||10.1.0 - 11.0||14 May 2016||Updated cust_text.php target location search strings to look for the one-line comment that says "Put your own custom messages here, like this: "Cleaned up the code and added some information to the display such as the file size of files that couldn't be processed|
|10.1.0.3||10.1.0 - 11.0||14 May 2016|| Added Show Mod Names and the parameter that allows larger files to be processed.
Cleaned up the code and added some information to the display such as the file size of files that couldn't be processed
|10.1.0.2||10.1.0 - 10.1.1||19 Apr 2015||Initial release|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Admin page; not accessible||220.127.116.11/12.0||EN|
|Wortelboer Genealogy||Bernard Wortelboer||Admin page; not accessible||10.1.0.3/11.0.1||NL,EN|
|Eskeland and Haugland Family||User:helland71||Admin page; not accessible||18.104.22.168/12.0.2||NO, EN|
|Hooley Family Links||Rick Hooley||Public/Private||See Here||EN|
|Généalogie Malvache||Cédric Malvache||Public/Private||22.214.171.124a/12.0.3||FR|