Age Calculation Mod
This TNG modification will calculate and display the age at death on the Individual (getperson.php) page for TNG V7 (7.0.0 through 7.1.2) and TNG V6 (tested by Leon on versions 6.2.0, 6.1.3 and 6.0.0.). The mod also calculates the age of Living people when the user is allowed to view information on living individuals based on current date.
- v1.1 - 19 September 2009 - original Mod Manager config file
- v1.2 - 23 September 2009 - updated config file to remove blank after ($age) parameter
- v1.3 - 24 September 2009 - config file updated by Leon Hassing so that it can be installed independently of the Event Map add children mod
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of your TNG getperson.php and language cust_text.php files.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- Download the appropriate config file
- Extract the zip file in your TNG admin/mod_folder
- Install the appropriate config file using the Mod Manager
Note that config file only includes the English language changes, so if you support multiple languages you will need to modify the config file to add the custom text for those other languages, or manually add the $text['years'] to the cust_text.php for all the languages you are using.
Note that the Age Calculation Mod and the Event Map add children mod, both modify the same query. Both mods can now be installed independently of each other. However, if you are using both mods, you must install the Event Map add children mod first. Mods must be removed in the reverse order, of course.
The mod can be manually downloaded and installed from Heinz web site. Note that this site is in German. However a readme.txt can be downloaded with instructions in English.
If you use other languages in addition to English, you either need to modify the config files to include the cust_text.php for those languages, or you need to manually add the $text['years'] to the cust_text.php for all the languages you are using.
The translation for $text['years'] can be found in the appropriate language text.php file. The reason it is needed in the cust_text.php is because their is a case assignment to the one in the TNG distributed file.
Visualization of this mod
The following images show how this mod changes the display of the Individual (getperson.php) page by adding:
- a new row that displays the individual's age at death or if living the individual's current age for users allowed to view information on living individuals as shown in the image below
- the age to the parents, spouse, and children as shown in the image below
Sites using this mod
Please add TNG site that you have found that utilize this modification!