|Summary||Balance both sides of the Media view of the Ancestors tab|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
See download statistics
|Author(s)||Bart 'Roebie' Degryse|
|Mod Support||TNG forum|
|Latest Mod||22.214.171.124 for TNG v9.0.0 - v9.0.2|
126.96.36.199 for TNG v9.0.3
|Min TNG V||9.0.0|
|Max TNG V||9.0.3|
Purpose of the mod
This mod will add placeholders for the missing people in the Media view of the Ancestors tab balancing both sides. Additionally it will add ancestor chart numbering just as on the Ahnentafel view and the Text view.
This mod was developed by Bart 'Roebie' Degryse
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list in the summary in the upper right corner of the page)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG v9)
- Download the appropriate zip file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page. NOTE that I host these zip files on my own server. That way I can count the number of downloads for each mod I made and estimate the relevance of such mod.
- Extract the config file from the downloaded zip file into the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
All versions of this mod do two things:
- Add placeholders for the missing people in the Media view of the Ancestors tab. The result is that both sides get balanced.
- Add ancestor chart numbering. These numbers are already on the Ahnentafel view and the Text view and this mod adds them to the Media view too.
The 188.8.131.52 version of this mod also
- fixes one of the inconsistencies regarding how living, private and LDS information are handled that were fixed in TNG v9.0.3 (see issue 20 in the v9.0.3 change history)
What this mod does NOT do is
- styling the new balanced Media view (see the next paragraph for more)
Styling the balanced Media view
Basically this mod replaces the unordered list that is used by TNG by a table. All elements in this table have a class name so your styling options are almost without limits. I will provide all information on the available classes and some styling suggestions in the next couple of days.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Contact me through the TNG forum.
- Contact me by email. My email address is in the description column of this mod on the Mod Manager page
- Copy the backup of the affected files back to your TNG directory
|v184.108.40.206||29 June 2012||Initial config file release for TNG v9.0.3|
|v220.127.116.11||29 June 2012||Initial config file release for TNG v9.0.0 upto v9.0.2|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|no public site||Bart 'Roebie' Degryse||Mod developer||V18.104.22.168/TNG 9.0.3||NL/EN/ES|