Batch updates of IPTC tags using IrfanView
Bryan S Larson has provided the following instructions on how to use IrfanView in batch mode to update IPTC tags in the following the TNG Commmunity Forum - Documents in TNG with gibberish on the page To batch edit IPTC data in IrfanView, you need to do the following:
- Open IrfanView Thumbnails
- Navigate to the images you wish to edit and select all of the images you want in your batch.
- Select File >> JPG Lossless operations >> Set IPTC data to selected files (ctrl + I will also do this)
- Click on the "Options" tab
- Make sure to select "Edit the first file only, apply text to all files"
- Edit your IPTC data in the other 3 tabs.
- Click Write to apply changes
- Media - Collections
- External Link Collection
- Media - Add New - Collection
- Media - Add New - Collection (Military Ribbons example)
- Getting Media into TNG - A summary of the various techniques.
- Add New Media - Linked to Person or Family - For Editors as well as Administrators
- Media - Add New - Import one multimedia file into TNG. Then link its new Media record to other objects.
- Histories - Creating - Create a new TNG Media record without importing a multimedia file into TNG.
- Media - Import - Import files that are already on the server, but not already defined as Media records.
- Media - Upload - Upload several media files, import them into TNG, and link them (individually or collectively) to other objects.
- Import Media Using GEDCOM - Upload new media files that are referenced inside of a uploaded GEDCOM file.
Other Useful Articles
- Batch updates of IPTC tags using IrfanView
- Folios on how to handle multi-page documents as if it were a single TNG media object
- Folios - Examples
- Media Functions on how to hook videos into TNG
- Preserving Digital Photos