Body Text with Image
|TNG version:||≥ 10.0|
Starting with TNG V10, you can now add Body Text and images to any media record. Using the Body Text input box, you can now enter text that you want displayed with the image. This new capability
- eliminates the need to put translations in the Description
- avoids cluttering the media collection list with extra information
- displays the Body Text below the image or if you use the ShowTable Mod, in a separate row in the table
Entering Body Text
Prior to TNG V10, you had to use the Body Text for Translation mod if you wanted to add Body Text to a media record that contained an image. The NicEditor allows you to enter HTML formatting of the text.
You can use the Body Text to enter translations of original document images
Note that the OR Body Text should probably read AND Body Text to indicate that you can use both.
Body Text Display
TNG displays the Body Text below the image.
You can install the ShowTable Mod to move the Body Text display to the table below the image.
- Media - Collections
- External Link Collection
- Media - Add New - Collection
- Media - Add New - Collection (Military Ribbons example)
- Getting Media into TNG - A summary of the various techniques.
- Add New Media - Linked to Person or Family - For Editors as well as Administrators
- Media - Add New - Import one multimedia file into TNG. Then link its new Media record to other objects.
- Histories - Creating - Create a new TNG Media record without importing a multimedia file into TNG.
- Media - Import - Import files that are already on the server, but not already defined as Media records.
- Media - Upload - Upload several media files, import them into TNG, and link them (individually or collectively) to other objects.
- Import Media Using GEDCOM - Upload new media files that are referenced inside of a uploaded GEDCOM file.
- Editing Body Text & Body Text with Image an example of adding Body Text to an image
Other Useful Articles
- Batch updates of IPTC tags using IrfanView
- Folios on how to handle multi-page documents as if it were a single TNG media object
- Folios - Examples
- Media Functions on how to hook videos into TNG
- Preserving Digital Photos