Difference between revisions of "Admin Branches Queue"
(→Sites using this mod)
(→Sites using this mod)
|Line 131:||Line 131:|
[[Category:Mods for TNG v11]]
[[Category:Mods for TNG v11]]
Revision as of 08:49, 24 June 2017
|Summary||This mod installs database fields and AJAX programs that mark branch operations with timestamps in the TNG Branches table, and that enable batch operations on multiple branches.|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||11.0|
|Max TNG V||at least 11.1.1|
ajx_labels.php, admin_branches.php, admin_editbranch.php, admin_updatebranch.php, English cust_text.php. Installs: branch_timestamps_dbsetup.php, ajx_branch_status.php, ajx_branches.php, admin_updatebranchtimestamps.php, branch_timestamps_tester.php
Purpose of the Mod
- Installs database fields and AJAX programs that mark Branch operations with timestamps in the TNG Branches table, so that administrators can know when or whether a Branch has been updated or cleared.
- Implements a simple queueing method that allows site administrators to queue Branch operations (Add Labels, Clear Labels, and Delete Records that are marked with a Label). This queueing mechanism is of particular importance on large sites, where Branch operations take a long time.
- Modifies the Admin>>Branches>>Search results screen to show the status of each branch.
- Adds queueing options to the Admin>>Branches editor.
- Installs a Branch Queueing and Test Mod from when an administrator can directly run some Branch operations, and can queue Branch operations to run in the background.
This option allows you to mark the Branch as "needing to be updated" if you change the Branch rule.
- branch_timestamps_dbsetup.php - Creates or deletes Branch table fields for the Branch Timestamps mod.
- ajx_branch_status.php - Checks the status of processes that have been queued to rebuild or clear branch labels.
- ajx_branches.php - Loops through a set of branches to call ajx_labels.php to add or clear branch labels. Significantly, it does not invoke ajx_lables.php through AJAX, but rather through the PHP function file_get_contents. As a result,
- the branches are done in sequence, not in parallel, and
- one run-time process will not accumulate the execution time require to process all branches in the set.
- admin_updatebranchtimestamps.php - Modifies branch queueing by changing values in the new queing fields in the Branches table.
- branch_timestamps_tester.php - Application that is accessible through the Branches inner menu
- Tests the new queueing features,
- Adds or Clears branches immediately.
- Has search features that I hope to implement in Admin_Branches at some point, such as the ability to focus on group of branches with a shared "dummy branch" (whose BranchID is a substring within other BranchIDs).
Compatibility with Other Mods
This mod is compatible with Add Name to PersonID, Tree ID Mod, and TreeID-One Column, and depends on Admin Branches. Is is not compatible with Branches Sort mod because Admin Branches has a direct conflict. But the goal of Branches Sort mod, to sort related branches together in the Admin Branches Search results table, is only achieved if the related branches use the common BranchID at the very beginning of their BranchIDs. A Branch Testing Application that can focus on all groups of related branches in installed by Branch Timestamps
- This mod is dependent on Admin Branches, which also adds columns to the Admin>>Branches results table, and adds options to the Branch Editor. The two mods can be installed independently, but Admin Branches installs code that implements the $summaryonly query string parameter in ajx_labels.php, and Branch Timestamps depends on that code.
- The optional Show Mod Names mod will use data saved by Branch Timestamps to to display information about the mods that affect admin_branches.php and admin_branchedit.php if Show Mod Names is installed.
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, and extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
In the event of a problem
| Admin>>Branches>>Search BEFORE:|
| Admin>>Branches>>Search AFTER: With Admin Branches also installed|
| Admin>>Branches>>Edit BEFORE:|
| 'Admin>>Branches>>Edit AFTER:'With Admin Branches also installed|
| Admin>>Branches>>Timestamp Test App AFTER: The Branch Testing Application |
| Admin>>Branches>>Timestamp Test App AFTER: The Branch Testing Application, focusing on groups of related mods|
Mod Change History
|Mod Version||TNG Versions||Date||Note|
|184.108.40.206a||11.1.1||31 May 2017||New mod. Beta status|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|URL||User||Note||Mod Version||TNG Version||User language|
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||220.127.116.11a||11.1.1||English|