Captcha Editor - Brian's Mod
|Summary||Allows the user to edit the email address for Brian McFadyen's version of the Captcha Mod|
|Homepage||Captcha Editor - Brian's Mod (this page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Min TNG V||7.1.0|
|Max TNG V||7.1.2|
Brian McFadyen's version of TNG_Captcha.php
This mod only applies to Brian McFadyen's version of the TNG Captcha Mod
This mod provides an easy way to change the email address that is part of Brian McFadyen's Captcha Mod and to add a subject to the email to be sent.
This mod applies only to the Captcha with email version of Brian's file.
Note that you might still need to edit the TNG_Captcha.php file to change the My Name displayed on the web page, according to Brian's article
This mod was developed by Brian McFadyen
- A working TNG installation. The config file release was initially tested at TNG Version 7.1.0
- A backup of your TNG_captcha email version file.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
|V1.1||Dec 9, 2009||Updated config file documentation to point to TNG Wiki. This file is identical as that of V1.1 included in the Mod Manager zip file, but will soon be eliminated from the bundle.|
|V1.0||May 18, 2009||Initial release of config file|
- Download the captcha_editor_v1.1.zip mod configuration file
- Extract the captcha_editor_v1.1.zip to your ./admin/mod_folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the captcha_editor_v1.1.cfg.
|If you do not have the email version of Brian McFadyen's TNG_captcha.php installed or you have Roger Moffat's version installed, then an attempt to install will result in a failure, since the config file cannot find its target, as shown in the image on the right.|
|The image on the right shows a visualization of the Captcha Editor on the Mod Manager status page for Brian McFadyen's version of the Captcha Mod with email.|
In the event of a problem with your TNG site
- Try using the Mod Manager to Remove the mod
- Copy your backup of Brian's TNG_Captcha.php file to your base TNG directory
- all should be well now