Cemetery Burials Table
Was Burials-More Details in TNGv12 and earlier
|Cemetery Burials Table|
|Summary||This mod adds each person's birth and death dates and places to the All Burials table for a cemetery, as displayed by showmap.php, and removes the redundant Burial Place and PersonID columns.|
|Mod Updated||02 Nov 2020|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||11.0|
|Max TNG V||13|
showmap.php, admin_genconfig.php, admin_updateconfig.php
Has Dutch & Norwegian translations
Purpose of the Mod
To improve the usability of the "All Burials" results tables in showmap.php (which is essentially the TNG "Cemetery Detail" report).
- The following columns have been added:
- Birth date and place
- Death date and place, and
- Spouses - The Spouses column is added because women's maiden names are often omitted from headstones and cemetery lists.
- A flag indicating that the person has a headstone photo. The headstone photo column is removed if no one in the cemetery has a headstone photo.
- The burial date column is no longer displayed if it contains no data.
- The PersonID and Burial place columns have been removed, and the Burial Place, which the native program placed on every row in the All Burials Table, is nows hown just once in a heading above the table.
Mod version 16 and above can abbreviate place names in order to reduce wrapping in the All Burials table. (See a visualization below.) But not all users appreciate the abbreviations, so the mod has two options:
- Initial Format of Placenames - Abbreviated or Full
- Allow user to switch between abbreviated and full placenames. This option controls the presence of a button that says "Abbreviated Placenames" or "Full Placenames", as shown in visualizations below.
The mod options are in a Mod Settings Block at Admin >> Setup >> General Settings, in a new subform titled "Mod Settings Blocks". (See a visualization below.)
- The Mod Settings Blocks mod packages this mod's options into what I call a "Mod Settings Block", which is a set of form fields that formatted and labeled so that it stands out among other options in an Admin>>Setting form. The Mod Settings Blocks mod must be installed before this mod can be installed.
- The optional mod Inner Mod Menus displays an "Inner Mod Menu" in the TNG "inner menu" (just below the tab menu). The Inner Mod Menu is defined by this mod but is visible only if Inner Mod Menus is installed. It is also visible only to TNG administrators; never to end-users. I highly recommend that you install the Inner Mod Menus mod because Inner Mod Menus provide links to handy information - particularly to the mod settings blocks for this mod's options.
- This mod gathers data that can be used by the optional mod Show Mod Names, but there is no dependency on Show Mod Names
- Cemetery Map And Image was spun off from Cemetery Burials Table v16. As a result, Cemetery Burials Table v17 is compatible with Public Access Control.
The features that were removed from Cemetery Burials Table do not affect the showmap.php All Burials table. More specifically, Cemetery Map And Image changes showmap.php to
- Remove the cemetery notes from the map pin balloon, where they really do not fit.
- (Potentially) reduce vertical scrolling by shrinking the cemetery image if it is large (and allowing the full-sized image to be displayed), and (when it can) remove an unnecessary "title box".
- Headstones Report also affects showmap.php. It controls the visibility of the Headstones table that is displayed immediately above the All Burials table. It allows the Headstones table to be hidden (with or without a button that displays it) or displayed (with or without a button that hides it).
- Showmap Burials is related only in the sense that it has the same purpose and nearly the same functionality. It is listed below among conflicting mods.
- This mod is compatible with [[Public Access Control], Mobile Site Enhancements, Tree ID Mod, and TreeID-One Column.
- This mod conflicts with Showmap Burials, which was also inspired largely by the redundant Burial Place column in showmap.php, but which doesn't add as much new information as Cemetery Burial Table does. There's no realistic resolution for this conflict.
In TNGv13, this mod includes a typical mod subfolder, with the same base name as the mod's .cfg file. The subfolder is atypical in that no files in it are installed to working TNG folders. However, it does contain critical files that contain the mod's language strings, which the mod does not add to standard cust_text.php files. Instead, the PHP code modified by this mod loads the language strings from files in the mod's languages/ subfolder. Read more about this technique.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
| The All Burials tables in showmap.php, Before installation|
Two columns are removed by this mod:
| The modified All Burials Table
This screenshot shows selected table rows to illustrate new features.
| The modified All Burials Table, showing abbreviated placenames
| The showmap.php Inner Mod Menu
| The Cemetery Burials Table Mod Settings Block
A Mod Settings Block is an outlined subform within an Admin>>Setup program that contains the options for a single mod. What is most notable about a Mod Settings Block is that a hyperlink directly to a Mod Settings Block displays only that block (i.e. only one mod's options), not all of the other options in the form or subform.
Here, you see the this mod's Mod Settings Block, in admin_genconfig.php, at Admin>>Setup>>General Configuration. The triangular arrow next to the subfolder heading Mod Settings Blocks is pointing to the right, meaning that the subform is not open, and that your site's other mod settings blocks are not visible. If you were to open the subform by clicking on the heading, you would see the mod settings blocks for other mods that you have installed.
This mod, like many of my newer mods, does not add strings to the standard TNG cust_text.php files. Instead, the language strings are stored in the
languages subfolder of the mod's normal subfolder, in files named
French-UTF8_custtext.php.) I'm using this nonstandard technique for several reasons, but there is a rarely-relevant downside that comes in to play only if you want to override the string value that the mod assigns to a language string. (Read about the problem and the solution.)
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|cemetery_burials_table_v18.104.22.168b.zip||13||02 Nov 2020||Cleaned up an undefined subscript reference that wasn't breaking the program.|
|cemetery_burials_table_v22.214.171.124a.zip||13||26 Oct 2020||
|cemetery_burials_table_v126.96.36.199.zip||13||6 Oct 2020||Added placename abbreviations and the associated buttons and mod options|
|burials-more_details_v188.8.131.52c.zip||12.0+||15 May 2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|burials-more_details_184.108.40.206b||11.0-11.1.2+||20 Dec 2017||No visible changes. Removed a phantom line in the .cfg file that must have been an extra cr or lf, and caused a bad target error after installation on some sites.|
|220.127.116.11a||11.0+||20 Dec 2017|| One visible change:
Two bug/glitch fixes: - Fixed a bug in the spouse logic in the All Burials table that occurred when no tree is selected and multiple trees exist, and the same person ID appears in two trees. - Realized that there was potential confusion when the cemetery name&location didn't match the associated placename, so I changed the All Burials heading. Plus some code cleanup.
|18.104.22.168a||11.0+||3 Jul 2017||The Display Mod Names mod is no longer referenced at all, since showmap.php is an end-user program (though it can be invoked from the Admin side.)|
|22.214.171.124||11.0+||30 May 2017||Moved the changes to Headstones.php out of this mod to the new Headstones Report mod. This mod now focuses on the All Burials table in showmap.php, and Headstones Report focuses on the Headstone Photos tables in headstones.php and showmap.php. (Those two headstones tables are essentially identical.|
|126.96.36.199a||11.0 & 11.0.1||27 May 2016||Added the %fileoptional:% directive to the Norwegian language files.|
|188.8.131.52||11.0 & 11.0.1||26 May 2016|| Several modifications:
|10.1.0.12 & 184.108.40.206||9.2.0-10.1.3||27 Feb 2016||The burial date column is omitted if it contains no data. Removed a cust_text string that was not necessary, and added one that had been hard-coded. Added Norwegian translations. Added Show Mod Names functionality and dependency.|
|10.1.0.11a||10.1.0-10.1.2||19 Jul 2015||Tweaked search locations to accommodate the TNG v10.1.2 beta.|
|10.1.0.11 & 220.127.116.11||9.2.0 - 10.1.1||17 Apr 2015||Found an untranslated string; added Dutch translations by Marco van den heuvel|
|10.1.0.10 & 18.104.22.168||9.2.0 - 10.1.1||12 Apr 2015||Fixed bug where my modification to headstones.php tried to count burials in the people table when the cemetery didn't link to a place name.|
|10.1.0.8||10.1||11 Jan 2015||Fixed database references for TNG v10.1 compatibility. No functional changes.|
|22.214.171.124||9.2.0 - 10.0.3||17 Dec 2014||No functional changes. Reconfigured one of the target locations to avoid a conflict with either a manual edit or an unknown mod.|
|126.96.36.199||9.2.0 - 10.0.3||29 Nov 2014||No functional changes. Fixed an HTML error that most web browsers ignored.|
|188.8.131.52||9.2.0 - 10.0.3||29 Nov 2014||The date columns (instead of place columns) are forced not to wrap. Also added the number of burials in the headstones.php cemetery list, and a cleaned up the modified PHP code a good bit.|
|184.108.40.206||9.2.0 - 10.0.2||12 May 2014||No functional changes; just code cleanup.|
|220.127.116.11||9.2.0 - 10.0.1||15 Mar 2014||Initial release.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||18.104.22.168a||13||English|
|MOTYER Family Genealogy||John Mark Motyer||Public site||see here||see here||EN, DE, RU|
|Total Family History||Scott Bennett||Private Site (For right now)||22.214.171.124||TNG 10.0.1||EN|
|The Duttons of New England||Darrin Dutton||Public / Private||126.96.36.199b||13.0.2||EN|
|Adler-Wien||Herbert Fischer||Public site||188.8.131.52c||12.0.1||DE, (EN)|
|Crawford County Genealogy Gateway||Frank Bernosaky||Public site||184.108.40.206a||11.1||EN|
|Cole / Tanner Family Tree||David Cole||Public/Private||see here||see here||English|
|R G Strong Family Genealogy||Russ Strong||Public site||220.127.116.11c||12.0.2||EN, DE, FR, NL|
|Woking Family Tree Project||Pete Smee||Public/Private||v18.104.22.168c||v12.1||English|
|Our Family Histories||Bryan S. Larson||Public - T8 customized||see here||see here||EN|