Admin Cemetery Edit
|Admin Cemetery Edit|
|Summary||Makes workflow and presentation changes to the Cemetery Edit form and the Cemeteries "Add New" tab.|
|Mod Updated||28 Sep 2019|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||10.0.1|
|Max TNG V||12.2|
Modifies: admin_editcemetery.php, admin_updatecemetery.php, admin_cemeteries.php, admin_newcemetery.php, admin_addcemetery.php, cemeteries_help.php, admin_genconfig.php, admin_updateconfig.php, English cust_text.php.
Installs: rrcemeteryedit_ajx.php, img/rrcemeteryedit_right.gif
Because this mod shares a subfolder with other mods, when you unzip the mod's zip file or move the files to the mods folder, you may get a "Folder already exists" warning, which you can ignore.
Purpose of the Mod
This mod is intended to improve the workflow and layout of the Cemetery Edit form, and, particularly to clarify the differences among the buttons that fill in the Associated Placename field.
Functional changes in the Cemetery Edit page include:
- A new Associated Placename lookup tool (in addition to the one in the native Edit form). The new "Place Lookup & Copy" form:
- Provides buttons that copy Cemetery city, county, state, and country values to the search field,
- Has more search options,
- In the search results:
- Displays Geocodes, Tree, Number of Burials
- Separates the Cemetery Name from the City, County, State, and Country in the Placename
- Provides a way to copy the new Associated Placename's Cemetery Name, City, County, State, Country, and Geocodes to Cemetery fields.
Other page layout and content changes include:
- Mod settings control whether some form fields appear above or below the Gooogle map.
- New help links and annotation,
- The two old buttons and one new button that populate the Associated Place field are side-by-side above that field.
- There is now an Inner Mod Menu in the page's Inner Menu. (See Inner Menu Links below.)
See a detailed list of changes in the Visualizations below.
This mod also changes the Admin Cemeteries "Add New" tab so that the "Add New" tab invokes the Cemetery Edit page instead of the nearly-identical (in pristine form) Cemetery Add form. As a result, the changes this mod makes to the Cemetery Edit form do not need to be made to the Cemetery Add form.
All options are custom TNG settings, which are defined and edited in the form at Admin>>Setup>>General Settings, in the new subform Robin's Mods, where the options for various mods are organized into Mod Settings Blocks.
- Default country for new cemeteries
- Put Geocode fields above the map? - The pristine code put the Cemetery Image fields at the bottom of the form, below the Google map. This parameter allows them to be placed before or after the map.
- Put Image Upload fields above the map? - The pristine code put the Cemetery Image fields at the beginning of the form. This parameter allows them to be placed before or after the Google map.
- Delimiter within Placenames - Just a comma ("Erie County,Ohio,USA") or comma-space ("Erie County, Ohio, USA").
- When filling the Associated Placename, include the extra delimiter if a place-part is missing?
This is invoked when the Cemetery form fields (cemetery name, city, county, state, country) are used to create a new Associated Placename. If, say, the city is missing, the new Associated Placename can be
- "Bethel Cemetery, , Erie County, Ohio, USA" (with an empty placeholder for the City), or
- "Bethel Cemetery, Erie County, Ohio, USA" (with no City placeholder).
- Count burials at the Associated Place in the Placename Lookup and Copy Widget? - The widget normally displays the number of Burial events at each Placename that matches the search, but for some large databases, it may take too long to count burials, so the burial count can be suppressed.
- In the Placename Lookup and Copy Widget results, check the boxes that copy these values to the Cemetery fields - Checkboxes cause specific (groups of) values to be copied to the Cemetery form when an Associated Placename is selected. The checkbox value are:
- Cemetery Name (which is extracted from the Associated Placename),
- City,County,State,Country (also extracted from the Associated Placename),
- Geocodes - Latitude, Longitude, Zip
Inner Menu Links
In admin_editcemetery.php, some links in the Inner Menu have been modified:
- Cemetery Report - This was labeled 'Test' in the native page, and launches showmap.php, which is effectively the "Cemetery Detail Report".
- Places Search - A pop-up link to Admin>>Places. This link makes it easy for you to find and edit a Burial Place record that you wish to associate with this Cemetery.
- Mod Information - This link drops down what I call an Inner Mod Menu, which contains these links to information about this mod:
- This Wiki Article,
- The "Mod Options" section of this Wiki article,
- The mod options editor (Admin>>Setup>>General Settings>>Robin's Mods). When you follow this link, the options edit form display only this mods options. If you want to see tall of the mod options in the subform, just click on the heading Robin's Mods. (See the visualization below, or at Inner_Mod_Menus.
- The Add/Edit section of the Cemetery help file, which has been modified to reflect the changes made by this mod.
- This mod's changes have also been highlighted with blue outlines.
- This mod uses the Field Buttons mod to attach small 'field buttons' to several text fields, but it is not dependent on Field Buttons. Field buttons are configurable (and generally one-character) buttons that are attached to HTML form fields, and that reduce the typing or mouse movements needed to perform several common editing tasks. This mod is not compatible with Field Buttons mod versions earlier than version 3.
- Admin Cemeteries Search mod is a companion to Admin Cemetery Search (this mod). It was motivated by essentially the same purposes as this mod, and focuses on the Cemetery Search/Selection page, whereas this mod focuses on the Cemetery Edit page. Admin Cemeteries Search also changes the Cemeteries>>Add New tab to use admin_editcemetery.php rather than admin_newcemetery.php (no matter whether admin_editcemetery.php has been modified by this mod).
- This mod will round Cemetery geocoordinates to the number of decimal digits specified by the mod option for Admin Places Geocode, if and only if Admin Places Geocode version 4+ is installed.
- This mod saves information that can be displayed by Show Mod Names, but is not at all dependent on Show Mod Names.
No known conflicts. Admin Cemeteries Search is the only other mod that targets the Cemetery add and edit modules.
This mod uses the standard installation procedure, though it should be noted that this mod contains two mod subfolders that are shared with other mods that implement Mod Settings Blocks' Admin>>Setup forms, and Inner_Mod_Menus. Because of the shared subfolders, as you unzip or copy the mod, you might get a warning noting that a folder already exists. You can just ignore that warning.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
These visualuzations are from version 8 of the mod. (See the Revision History)
|BEFORE: The unmodified Cemetery edit form, with the Google map hidden. The areas in red rectangles are moved, changed, or removed by the mod.|
| AFTER INSTALLATION: The modified Cemetery edit form.|
, and .
The workflow of the "Placename Lookup & Copy" Widget
| Step 1: Click on the "Placename Lookup & Copy" button|
| Step 2: The Placename Lookup & Copy Widget
| Step 3: Placename Search Results
| Step 4: The Selected Values are Copied to the Cemetery Form
When the Widget's "Select" button is clicked:
The Cemetery Help Page provides more information about the Widget, including what happens when the placename components are copied to the Cemetery form, but a placename component (such as City or County) is missing from the selected Placename.
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|126.96.36.199||12.0 - 12.2+||28 Sep 2019|| No real functional changes. Besides these changes, See the .cfg file for bug fixes and other internal changes.
|188.8.131.52b||12.0+||15 May 2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|10.1.0.8b||10.1 - 11.1.2+||10 Feb 2017|| No visible changes on-screen, though the page as printed is different. Specifically:
|10.1.0.8||10.1 - 11.1.1+||9 Sep 2017|| Production version. Additional changes include:
|10.1.0.7||TNGv10.1+||7 May 2017||
|10.1.0.5||TNGv9.2.2-10.1+||11 Jan 2015||TNG v10.1 compliance - Changed trimreplace directives to replace, and changed mysql_* function calls to tng_*|
|184.108.40.206||TNGv9.2.2-10.0.3||04Oct2014||Fixed bug with respect to selection of default country. Added $defaultcountry parameter so that administrators can pick the default country for new cemeteries.|
|220.127.116.11||TNGv.2.2-10.0.1||05Apr2014||Restored the "Fill Place" button, and allowed users to enter an associated place directly.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||10.1.0.8b||11.1.2+||English|
|Total Family History||Scott Bennett||Private Site (For right now)||V18.104.22.168||TNG 10.0.1||English|
|The Dutton's of Vermont||Darrin Dutton||10.1.0.5||10.1.0||EN|
|MOTYER Family Genealogy||John Mark Motyer||Public site||see here||see here||EN, DE, RU|
|R G Strong Family Genealogy||Russell G Strong||Public Site||v22.214.171.124||v11.0.0||EN (DE, FR, NL)|
|Cole / Tanner Family Tree||David Cole||Public/Private||see here||see here||English|
|Woking Family Tree Project||Pete Smee||Public/Private Brilliant Mod many thanks||v126.96.36.199b||v12.1||English|
|Our Family Histories||Bryan S. Larson||Public - T8 customized||see here||see here||EN|