Difference between revisions of "Comments"
(→Sites using this mod)
|Line 190:||Line 190:|
| [[User:Dlcole|see here]]
| [[User:Dlcole|see here]]
Revision as of 14:53, 21 September 2018
|Downloads of Comments are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Summary||Adds an event for commenting|
|Mod Updated||14 Sep 2018|
|Homepage||Comments (this page)|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support|
|Latest Mod||22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199|
|Min TNG V||11.1.2|
|Max TNG V||12.x|
Purpose of the mod
An event Comments is added to
- getperson.php (if not living or private)
- familygroup.php (if not living or private)
- showmedia.php (if not living or private)
for loggedin users to add comments to the subject.
A new page is added that lists all pages with comments - link in the Info menu.
The Info menu link signals when a new comment is added to the list.
Database tables are handled in Utilities as usual (back-up, restore etc)
Currently supports English, French and Swedish.
Visualization of this mod
This mod was developed by Erik Hoppe.
See all my mods at my Wiki user page.
Credits go to manofmull, dlcole, Ken and Katryne for your invaluable tests, help, suggestions, advice and patience. Thanks!
Special thanks to Katryne for the French translation.
|TNG version:||≥ 11.1.2|
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list below)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG v10)
- Click on the download link, shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Un-zip the file and open the folder. You will find a .cfg file and a new folder inside.
- Move/copy/FTP the .cfg file and the accompanying folder to the mods folder of your TNG system.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
- Remember to click the Create Comments Database Tables button to finish the installation.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Replace all affected files with the copies you made before the installation.
- Contact me through My Mod Support
Modmanager Edit Options
- Comments may be read by the public.
- Admin does not receive mail for new comment.
Custom Text Additions
The config file includes the English language custom text.
There are French and Swedish translations if they are present in your TNG system.
For other languages you can modify the config file to add the custom text or manually add to whatever language you like.
(English custom text for reference)
Explanation for the limits in the last two texts:
If your .cfg serves only one character set and you save it in that same set, this is not a problem for you.
The distributed .cfg serves two character sets (UTF-8 and ANSI), therefore HTML-entities have to be used for umlauted and accented letters
ä = ä, é = é etc, otherwise strange characters will be displayed in one of the two character sets.
Uninstalling the mod
If you want to completely Remove (uninstall) this mod and all its tables, you should
- click the Uninstall button.
- click the Remove Comments Database Tables buttons.
- click the Delete button to delete the config file and its folder from the mods folder.
|14 Sep 2018||Introduction|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, you can support it by adding your TNG site to this table:
|Andersson, Hoppe, Sahlin, Thorell||Erik Hoppe||Mod author||Private version||11.1.2||SE, GB, DE|
|Cole / Tanner Family Tree||David Cole||Public/Private||see here||see here||English|
|||Renze Petersohn||Public/Private||12.0.1||NL, UK, DE|
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod:
The custom texts will be added to these files, which should also be backed up prior to installing this mod:
- languages/French/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/French-UTF8/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/Swedish/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/Swedish-UTF8/cust_text.php - if present