Difference between revisions of "Count Ancestors n Descendants"
(→Sites using this mod)
|Line 266:||Line 266:|
| J-Louis Valory
| J-Louis Valory
| Public/Private - Template 1
| Public/Private - Template 1
Revision as of 09:24, 13 July 2017
|Downloads of Count Ancestors n Descendants are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Count Ancestors (and) Descendants|
|Summary||Show number of AnD under the person's name in getperson.php|
|Download stats||Click here|
|Homepage||Count Ancestors n Descendants (this page)|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support|
|Min TNG V||10.1.1|
|Max TNG V||11.1.x|
Purpose of the mod
To show the number of Ancestors and Descendants (up to 100 of each) below the person's name in getperson.php.
The max 100 is a limit I put there after measuring the time it took on the live server.
If I remember correctly, it took like 0.2 seconds to count to around 1,000 people.
You can change the limit to whatever you want, using the ModManager's built-in Edit Options.
This mod was developed by Erik Hoppe
|TNG version:||≥ 10.1.1|
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list below)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG v10.1.1)
- Click on the download link, shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Un-zip the file.
- Move/copy/FTP the un-zipped .cfg file to the mods folder of your TNG system.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
- After installation you can edit the counter limit that defaults to 100.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Replace all affected files with the copies you made before the installation.
- Contact me through My Mod Support
Custom Text Additions
Note: The config file includes the English language custom text. If the German, Spanish, Dutch, French and/or Swedish texts are present in your system translations will be added.
For other languages you can modify the config file to add the custom text or manually add to whatever language you like.
English custom text For Reference Only!
$text['xerxxGPstarttext'] = " Has "; $text['xerxxGPstarttextNone'] = ""; $text['xerxxGPstarttextSing'] = ""; $text['xerxxGPstarttextPlur'] = ""; $text['xerxxGPdescs'] = " descendants"; $text['xerxxGPdesc'] = " descendant"; $text['xerxxGPancs'] = " ancestors"; $text['xerxxGPanc'] = " ancestor"; $text['xerxxGPno'] = "no"; $text['xerxxGPone'] = "one"; $text['xerxxGPand'] = " and "; $text['xerxxGPbut'] = " but "; $text['xerxxGPmore'] = "more than "; $text['xerxxGPfinishtext'] = " in this family tree.";
(The empty ones close to the top are used for German word and MUST be present in ALL languages)
Uninstalling the mod
If you want to completely Remove (uninstall) this mod and all its tables, you should
- click the Uninstall button to uninstall the mod and then
- click the Delete button to delete the config file from the mods folder.
|V10.1.1.3d||9 July 2017||Corrected Dutch translation kindly provided by Bernard Wortelboer.|
|V10.1.1.3c||11 May 2017||Was making an empty line in genlib.php making it incopatible w/ a future mod of mine. Thanks to Ken Roy for the suggested change.|
|V10.1.1.3a||17 Sep 2016||Added Spanish, Dutch and French translations, kindly provided By Graham Chamberlain.|
|V10.1.1.3||4 May 2016||Prevented the mod to count persons in duplicate branches, e.g. cousins making a family.|
|V10.1.1.2d||24 July 2015||Text changed from "our family tree" to "this family tree" by several requests.|
|V10.1.1.2c||15 June 2015||Reported to not install (thanks Rick Hooley). Solved.|
|V10.1.1.2b||10 June 2015||Clumsy solution for the below made it Crash in some situations.|
|V10.1.1.2||9 June 2015||Could not be installed after Mobile Media mod. Now can.|
|V10.1.1.1||29 May 2015||Added the MM Edit Option to set the counter limit|
|V10.1.1.0b||19 May 2015||Changes in the German text only (Thanks Hendrik M.)|
|V10.1.1.0||17 May 2015||Introduction.|
Visualization of this mod (v10.1.1.2d)
|Some examples of texts:|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Andersson, Hoppe, Sahlin, Thorell||Erik Hoppe||Mod author - Mod not visible unless logged in||10.1.1.3||10.1.3||EN, DE, SE|
|Wortelboer Genealogy||Bernard Wortelboer||Public site||10.1.1.3d||11.1.1||NL, EN|
|Brady Family Tree in Western Australia||Darryl Brady||Public site||10.1.1.1||10.1.1||EN, DE|
|MOTYER Family Genealogy||John Mark Motyer||Public site||see here||see here||EN, DE, RU|
|Mitchell Families Online||Roger Mitchell||Another great idea from Erik||10.1.1.2c||10.1.1||EN, DE, ES, NL, FR|
|Hooley Family Links||Rick Hooley||Public Site||10.1.1.2c||10.1.1||EN|
|Kemp(e) Family History||Andrew Kemp||Public Site||see User:Kempons||see User:Kempons||EN|
|DJCM.DK||Claus Martinussen||Public Site||10.1.1.3a||11.1||DA,EN|
|Families all over the World||Hans Weebers||Public/Private||10.1.1.2d||220.127.116.11||NL/DE/ENG/(FR)|
|Roots & Relatives Remembered||Ron Krzmarzick||Public & Private||10.1.1.3c||11.1.1||EN,DE,CS,ES|
|Chamberlain & Eidenbenz Genealogy||Graham Chamberlain|| Public Site
with some restrictions for non-registered users
|The Dutton's of Vermont||Darrin Dutton||Public site||10.1.1.3||11.0.2||EN|
|Familienforschung Riehl & Kröber||Otto Riehl||(no public site)||10.1.1.3a||11.0.2||DE, EN, ES, FR, PT|
|Rintoul/Bowman Family||Andrew Rintoul||Public/Private||10.1.1.3c||11.1.1||EN, DE, ES, FR|
|racine d'Alsace||J-Louis Valory||Public/Private - Template 1||10.1.1.3d||11.1.1||French|
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod:
- languages/German/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/German-UTF8/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/Spanish/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/Spanish-UTF8/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/Dutch/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/Dutch-UTF8/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/French/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/French-UTF8/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/Swedish/cust_text.php - if present
- languages/Swedish-UTF8/cust_text.php - if present