Create Site Map Mod
|Create Site Map Mod|
|Summary||Creates a sitemap.xml file to assist Google with indexing a TNG site|
|Download link||for any version of TNG 8 and TNG 9|
|Author(s)||Steve Hoover - initial version|
Rush - modified to new Google standards
Roger Moffat - Mod Manager versions for TNG 8 and TNG 9
|Homepage||Create Google Sitemap (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Forums|
|Min TNG V||8.0.0|
|Max TNG V||9.2.0 beta3|
Purpose of the mod
This mod is provided to make creating a Google sitemap a very simple process by clicking a button in the Secondary Processes tab of TNG Admin ------> Import/Export
This mod was developed by Roger Moffat
- A working TNG installation. Automated installation has been tested on TNG Version 8.1.3 and TNG 9.0.0.
- A backup of the TNG modules involved - see below.
- Download the file from config file from the Mod Summary in the upper right hand corner of this page
- Extract the downloaded config file into your mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the create_sitemapcfg config file.
The Secondary Processes tab in TNG Admin ------> Import/Export shows a new button
After you click this button, the script will run and then the following page shows what the output is
Copy the link for the tngsitemapindex.xml file (the large bold link) and then put that into your Google Webmaster Tools sitemap settings if you have this set up, or place it in your robots.txt file like this
and Google will find it there.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Or copy the backup versions of the TNG modules involved.
- Happiness that creating a sitemap that Google will use to draw new cousins to your site is so much easier :-)
TNG User sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below
|This is an Admin function, so can't be seen in action.||Roger Moffat||The mod developer.||V18.104.22.168/9.0.0||EN|
TNG modules Involved
- adds a line to languages/English/cust_text.php and languages/English-UTF8/cust_text.php