Descendtree Counter mod
|Summary||Shows the number of descendants in descend.php.|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Download stats||Descendtree Counter|
|Homepage||Descendtree Counter mod (this page)|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support|
|Latest Mod||10.0.0.1b for TNG 10 and 11|
|Min TNG V||10.0.0|
|Max TNG V||11.0.2|
Purpose of the mod
To show the number of descendants in the tree generated in descend.php
This mod was developed by Erik Hoppe
|TNG version:||≥ 10.0|
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list below)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG)
- Click on the download link, shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Un-zip the file and you will find the .cfg file there (if there's also a folder there: That's a Mac habit - don't bother).
- Move/copy/FTP the .cfg file to the mods folder of your TNG system.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Replace all affected files with the copies you made before the installation.
- Contact me through My Mod Support
Custom Text Additions
Note: The config file includes the English language custom text.
The mod also includes German and Swedish texts if they are present in your system.
For other languages you can modify the config file to add the custom text or manually add to whatever language you like.
$text['xerxxDescCounter1'] = "There are "; $text['xerxxDescCounter2'] = " descendants (plus spouses) in this view"; $text['xerxxDescCounterDup'] = " unique";
Uninstalling the mod
If you want to completely Remove (uninstall) this mod and all its tables, you should
- click the Remove button to uninstall the mod and then
- click the Delete button to delete the config file from the mods folder.
|V10.0.0.1b||14 Oct 2016||The word "tree" changed to "view" ("Ansicht" / "Vy") - excellent suggestion by Willem van O. (See img below)|
|V10.0.0.1a||17 Sep 2016||The Wiki page link didn't work. Thanks to Ron K for the alert.|
|V10.0.0.1||4 May 2016|| Prevented the mod to count persons in duplicate branches, e.g. cousins making a family.|
If a duplicate person is found, the text will have the word "unique" added.
|V10.0.0.0b||12 March 2016||Forgot the %fileoptional:% for the German and Swedish language files... Thanks to John Motyer for the alert.|
|V10.0.0.0||11 March 2016||Introduction.|
Visualization of this mod
|When only unique persons are found||When duplicates are found|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Andersson, Hoppe, Sahlin, Thorell||Erik Hoppe||Mod author.||10.0.0.1b||10.1.3||Swedish, German, English|
|MOTYER Family Genealogy||John Mark Motyer||Public site||see here||see here||EN, DE, RU|
|Our Faily Histories||Bryan S. Larson||Public site||10.0.0.0||10.1.3||EN|
|Roots & Relatives Remembered||Ron Krzmarzick||Partially-Public||10.0.0.1b||11.1||EN|
|Our Family Links||Chuck Filteau||Public site||v10.0.0.1b||v10.1.2||EN|
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod:
- languages/German/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/German-UTF8/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/Swedish/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/Swedish-UTF8/cust_text.php (if present)