Disable MySQL Strict Mode
|Downloads of Disable MySQL Strict Mode are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Disable MySQL Strict Mode|
|Summary||Allows TNG to run correctly when MySQL Strict Mode is enabled (MySQL 5.7)|
|Validation||Database access mod validation not attempted|
|Mod Updated||28 Sep 2016|
|Download stats||View Download Stats|
|Homepage||Disable MySQL Strict Mode (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Latest Mod||184.108.40.206 for TNG V11.0.1|
220.127.116.11 for TNG v11.0.0
10.1.3.1 for TNG 10.1.3
|Min TNG V||11.0.0|
|Max TNG V||11.0.1|
Purpose of the Mod
MySQL 5.7 implements Strict Mode which does not allow zeros to be used in dates nor does it allow data truncation.
The Disable MySQL Strict Mode mod was created to disable the MySQL Strict Mode so that users did not need to request that their hosting service disable it.
The mod further adds the error message from the SQL Query failure whenever possible.
Mod Developer is Ken Roy from code implemented in TNG 11.0.2
|v18.104.22.168||28 September 2016|| Separated the Disable MySQL Strict Mode in TNG v11.0 and v11.0.1, since the previously posted mod v22.214.171.124 did not install on TNG v11.0.0.
|v126.96.36.199||15 September 2016||Added changes made in TNG v11.0.2 to disable MySQL Strict Mode in TNG v11.0 and v11.0.1|
- a working TNG installation.
- a backup of your TNG admin_export.php and admin_gedcom2.php files or access to your original TNG installation package.
Automated Installation Requirements
- Download the appropriate mod configuration file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page
- Unzip the private_notes_for_admins zip file to your mods folder
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the private_notes_for_admins.cfg.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- copy your backup admin_export.php and admin_gedcom2.php files to your base TNG directory
See the MySQL_Strict_Issues in the Troubleshooting category
Sites using this mod
If you download this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Our Roy and Boucher Family||Ken Roy||Developed the mod to provide the capability to disable MySQL Strict Mode on TNG 10.1 through 11.0.2||V188.8.131.52||TNG 11.0.1 test environment||EN, FR|
|Hannaway & Byrnes Family Pages||Peter Hannaway||Installed by Ken Roy to allow GEDCOM import on MySQL 5.6 running in Strict Mode||V184.108.40.206||TNG 11.0||EN|
|Extended Craxford Family Web Site||Alan Craxford||Mod installed to enable the website to run in the latest Wampserver 64 (which has MySQL 5.7 built in) on my Windows 10 PC||V10.1.3.1||TNG 10.1.3||EN|