Display Jobs Facts
|Display Jobs Facts|
|Summary||Adds a person's occupation and/or an interesting fact under the header|
|Mod Updated||2 Jun 2019|
|Author(s)||A. S. DuPree|
|Homepage||Display_Jobs_Facts (this page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Min TNG V|
|Max TNG V||12|
This mod adds jobs - and an system for adding them - and interesting personal facts
The mod displays a person's job and/or an interesting fact under the header.
Jobs and facts are drawn from the event tags.
- Jobs uses the built in Occupation event. You can change it if you want to use another event field by entering the tag for that field in the mod options
- Interesting facts can use whatever event you like. It is set by default to use the event tag IFACT but you must enter an event in the administration custom events type manager with this tag. Alternatively, you can choose any event field to be an interesting fact by entering the tag for that field in the mod options.
When entering a Job a new button will appear on the edit page to ADD JOB. (The ADD NEW button on the edit page is replaced by an ADD EVENT and an ADD JOB button. ADD EVENTS will not show the Occupation event.). The ADD JOB screen looks like this:
The Mod does NOT change the tng database structure. It does however enter occupations in this format:
JOB CATEGORY - JOB ...INFORMATION.
If you decide to uninstall the mod or export data the occupation event fields will be in that format. Hence, jobs will look something like: Business - Production Manager ...got this job after the depression.
Job categories are remembered after you enter one and you can choose them from a dropdown list.
With Expand_Statistics installed this mod can show a summary view of all the jobs by type and all the individuals that have these jobs.
This mod was developed by A.S. DuPree (a novice, happy for any help on improving it)
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- Download the zip file in the status area in the upper right.
- Extract the display_jobs_facts_V126.96.36.199.cfg to your mod folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files .
Conflicts and Issues
Mod enters into a crowded area with many other mods around the header. It may conflict with other header modifying mods.
In the event of a problem with your TNG site
- Try using the Mod Manager to Remove the mod
- If old version (V3) worked fine but new version does not you can download the old version here
Customizations in Mod Manager
- Job/Fact after name or after date string
- Event tag to use for Job
- Event tag to use for interesting fact
8 Jul 2019 - Added a menu to enter jobs as a separate event type. 2 Jun 2019 - Fixed double display of jobs when option 3 is chosen
Mod currently works in English or French. To customize for your language you need to add the following to the cust_text.php file after you translate the parts after the equal signs.
$admintext['add_event_but'] = "Add Event"; $admintext['add_job_but'] = "Add Job"; $admtext['job'] = "Job"; $admtext['addnewjob'] = "Add New Job"; $admtext['jobmsg'] = "or make new job category"; $admtext['jobtype'] = "Job Type"; $admtext['jobdate'] = "Job Date"; $admtext['jobplace'] = "Job Place"; $admtext['modifyjob'] = "Modify Job"; $admtext['notspecified'] = "(Not Specified)";
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Adupree.com||A.S. DuPree||Mod Developer||188.8.131.52||12.0.3||English|
|Journeys in Genealogy||Patrick Thrush||Public WordPress/TNG bundle||184.108.40.206||12.1||English|