Event Map add children mod
|Event Map add children mod|
|Summary||Adds the birth of children to an individual's Google Event Map|
|Validation||This mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Download stats||Download Stats|
Updated for TNG V9 by Jeff Robison
Alt Birth version for TNG V9 created by Ken Roy
|Homepage||Event Map add children mod|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||Contact Wendel|
|Latest Mod||10.0.0.1 for TNG V10|
22.214.171.124 for TNG V9
8.1.0 for TNG V8
1.1 for TNG V7
|Min TNG V||7.0.0|
|Max TNG V||10.0.0|
If you are using both this mod and the Age Calculation Mod mod, you must install the Event Map add children mod first in TNG V8. This restriction was removed in TNG V9.
Purpose of the mod
The birth of children are a major event in most individual's lives.
Mothers are always at the birth of their children and fathers are generally there.
Adding the location of the children's births to the Event map can help show family movements.
This modification adds the birth of children to an individual's Google Event Map if the birth place as been geocoded (and the privacy conditions are met.)
Version 1.1 of the config file has also been tested on both TNG 7 and TNG 6 environments by Leon Hassing.
|TNG version:||≥ 9.0|
An alt version of this mod was added by Ken Roy in TNG V9, that maps all children who have a birth or CHR event. The alt version of the Event Map Add Children will show a Bad Target on the Event Map Add Children mod if you copy both of them to your TNG mods folder.
This mod was developed by Wendel Voigt
Reworked by Jeff Robison for TNG V9.
Alternate file created by Ken Roy for TNG V9 to use the CHR event (Christening or baptism) if birth event is missing
V126.96.36.199 created by Jeff Robison to resolve a conflict is based on the alternate file where the CHR event (Christening or baptism) if birth event is missing is used for the event map add
- A working TNG installation. The automated installation release was tested on TNG Version 7.1.1.
- A backup of your TNG getperson.php file.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
|V10.0.0.1||18 January 2015||updated by Wendel Voigt and Ken Roy for TNG V10.1 - Works for both 10.0.x and 10.1.x|
|V10.0.0.0||5 January 2014||updated by Jeff Robison for TNG V10|
|V188.8.131.52||18 May 2013|| Updated by Jeff Robison to remove mod conflicts.|
Alternate birth version 184.108.40.206a by Ken Roy was used.
|V220.127.116.11||2 February 2012||updated by Jeff Robison for TNG V9 - Note that the file names was changed in TNG V9 to match the mod name|
|V18.104.22.168a||2 February 2012||Using the update made by Jeff Robison for TNG V9, an alt file was created by Ken Roy to use the Alt Birth (CHR event - christening or baptism) if the birth date is missing|
|V8.1.0||24 May 2010||config file updated by Ken Roy for TNG V8|
|V1.1||24 September 2009||config file updated by Leon Hassing so that it can be installed independently of the Age Calculation Mod|
|v1.0||29 August 2009||original Mod Manager config file|
TNG V8 and above
|TNG version:||≥ 8.0|
- Download the appropriate zip file from the TNG Mod Summary in the upper right corner
- Extract the downloaded config file into your mods folder
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the map_children_births.cfg.
- Download the Map_children_births_v1.1.zip
- Extract the downloaded config file into your admin/mod_folder
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the Map_children_births_v1.1.cfg.
|TNG version:||≤ 8.1.3|
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Or copy your backup of getperson.php file to your TNG directory
- all should now work correctly
- As with most source code modifications, these changes will likely be overwritten during your next TNG revision upgrade and will need to be re-implemented. (Using the Mod Manager greatly simplifies this process).
This mod came out of a TNG Community Forum discussion. Details of a manual change can be found there.
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Voigtworld.com||Wendel Voigt||Mod Developer||10.0.0.1||10.0.3||EN|
|Our Roy and Boucher Family||Ken Roy||Created _alt file in TNG V9 to use CHR event if birth event is missing||10.0.0.0||10.0.0||EN, FR|
|MyFOOTDEEAncestors||Mrs Montgomery||10.0.0.2||10.0.0||EN, FR|
|MacomberKin Family Tree||Rev. Clinton Macomber||Thanks!||22.214.171.124a||9.0.0||EN|
|Genealogy.Ravensbeak.com||Bob Mueller||...||126.96.36.199||9.2.0||EN, DE|
|AppeltHaus Genealogy||Lawrence Appelt||Not a Public Site.||10.0.0.0||10.0.2||EN|
|Our Family Genealogy Pages||Roger Navarre||Nice addition to my site||188.8.131.52||9.2.0||EN|
|Legacy Gazette: My Roots - My Legacy||Melissa Watson Padilla||Public Site||184.108.40.206||9.2.1||EN|
|g.nomi||William Vincent||Integrated with WordPress||220.127.116.11||9.2.2||EN|
|Pannier Genealogy||Martin Pannier||see here||see here||DE|
|Hooley Family Links||Rick Hooley||Public Site||10.0.0.1||10.1.1||EN|
|Mackay / McCoy / McKee YDNA Surname Project||Greg Roberts||Public Site.||10.0.0.1||10.1.0||English|
|The Dutton's of Vermont||Darrin Dutton||10.0.0.1||10.1.2||EN|
|Thurmon King's Sackett Family Database||Ted Smith||The Sackett Family Association site; open to public||10.1.1.3||10.1.1||English|
|Quigley Doyle Family Tree||Don Quigley||Public Site||10.0.0.1a||10.1.1||EN|