| Expand Search replaces: Direct Line Search, Search Page Expansion. You must uninstall them both first.
|Summary||Adds search functionality and a user search page with filters.|
|Mod Updated||14 Aug 2019|
|Author(s)||A. S. DuPree|
|Homepage||Expand_Search (this page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Min TNG V||12|
|Max TNG V||12|
An amalgam of the related mods - UNINSTALL them before installing this mod.
In larger and larger databases, it can be frustrating to hone in attention on the people we need to research.
This mod helps by providing searching aids to get right to the right people.
It adds the following functionality:
To the Search Page
- Search end of lines - finds individuals with no parents. Use with branches or Sosa to find top of the line ancestors
- No sources - returns records that do not have citations. Useful for improving your data
- Sosa search - Search for folks with sosa numbers. Shows up if you have Sosa installed
- New Search criteria - Adds CAPS (for capital letters) and does not contain to the search criteria
- A "residence" search that allows searching across all places -- birth, death, burial and baptism -- at once. An "all residence" option includes all events.
To the Search Results Only for logged in users:
- Sources, notes and media numbers are added to the table
- A filter bar for branches, sosa (shows if mod installed), sources, notes and media.
What this looks like on your search page:
This mod was developed by A.S. DuPree (a novice, happy for any help on improving it)
- A working TNG installation. This has only been tested on TNG V 12.1
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- V4a - Adds an option to control the way the Residence search field displays.
- V4 - Fixes error when sosa is not installed.
- V3 - Adds residence search.
- V2 - filters are now persistent across pages and the next time you search. Also a message tells you how many records are displayed on the page.
- Download the zip file in the status area in the upper right.
- Extract the zip file to your mod folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the expand_search.cfg.
Mod is only in English but can be modified for any language by revising the code below and copying into the cust_text.php file for your language. Replace the words between the quotes with your translation.
// Expand Search $text['displaying'] = "Displaying"; $text['recordsfrom'] = "records from"; $text['srcmsg'] = "No citations - person and one family (slow)"; $text['eolmsg'] = "Search end of lines (children but no parents)"; $text['allcaps'] = "All CAPS for"; $text['dncontain'] = "does not contain"; $text['residence'] = "Residence"; $text['residenceisin'] = "residence is in"; $text['withoutparents'] = "without parents"; $text['noattachedsources'] = "no attached sources"; $text['allresidences'] = "all residences"; // Expand Search
Conflicts and Issues
I have not found any conflicts or issues with this mod but I suspect there may be some. Please let me know if you find any. The language is ONLY in English.
In the event of a problem with your TNG site
- Try using the Mod Manager to Remove the mod
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Adupree.com||A.S. DuPree||Mod Developer||22.214.171.124a||12.0.3||English|
|Racine d'Alsace||J-Louis Valory||Public- private - T17 customized||126.96.36.199||12.1||FR|
|Roots & Relatives Remembered||Ron Krzmarzick||Public & Private||188.8.131.52||See Here||EN,DE,CS,ES|