Fan Chart Fix
|Downloads of Fan Chart Fix are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Fan Chart Fix Mod|
|Summary||Fixes several issues with the Fan Chart|
|Mod Updated||16 Sept 2018|
|Download stats||See download statistics|
|Homepage||Fan Chart Fix (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Min TNG V||12.0.0|
|Max TNG V||12.0.1|
May work on TNG 11 since that is when the fan chart was added. The mod has not been tested on any TNG 11 version though.
Purpose of the mod
It fixes several issues with the Fan Chart. They are:
Fix the fan chart to not get an extra generation that is not displayed, which will save on some resources.
Fix making the names fit in the chart boxes correctly.
Fix the double adding of slashes to the bio.
Fix the HTML entities saved in the database being displayed as HTML entities.
Fix the bio box size being calculated incorrectly and being too small.
Fix the bio falling off the canvas as best as possible, since at small generations the fan canvas is narrower than the bio box.
Fix some HTML validation as well.
The Fan Chart Fix mod was developed by Brent Hemphill
|22.214.171.124||16 September 2018||initial release|
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of fan.php and fan_config.php
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG)
- Click on the download link, shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Un-zip the file and you will find the .cfg file
- Move/copy/FTP the .cfg file to the mods folder of your TNG system.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager mods, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Roots & Relatives Remembered||Ron Krzmarzick||Public & Private||11.1.2||12.0.2||EN,DE,CS,ES|
|Cole / Tanner Family Tree||David Cole||Public/Private||see here||see here||English|
|Racine d'Alsace||J-Louis Valory||Public/Private - T17 customized||126.96.36.199||12.0.2||FR|
- As with most source code modifications, these changes may be overwritten during your next TNG revision upgrade and will need to be re-implemented. (Using the Mod Manager greatly simplifies this process).
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Replace all affected files with the copies you made before the installation.
- all should be well now