Fixed Length IDs
|Fixed Length IDs|
|Summary||Formats generated IDs to a given length by prepending zeros where necessary|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Download link||Fixed Length IDs Mod|
Dutch language file
French language file
Spanish language file
See download statistics
|Author(s)||Bart 'Roebie' Degryse|
|Homepage||Fixed Length IDs|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Latest Mod||188.8.131.52 for TNG v9|
|Min TNG V||9.0.1|
|Max TNG V||9.0.3|
Purpose of the mod
This mod allows to set the minimal number of digits for person, family, source and repository IDs at creation time. So basically this mod does the same as the Admin > Utilities > Resequence IDs page, but now the 'magic' already happens at the moment the ID is first created.
This mod was developed by Bart 'Roebie' Degryse
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of your TNG admin_checkID.php, admin_generateID.php, admin_renumbermenu.php, prefixes.php and relationship.php files.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG v9)
- Download the appropriate zip file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page. NOTE that I host these zip files on my own server. That way I can count the number of downloads for each mod I made and estimate the relevance of such mod.
- Extract the config file from the downloaded zip file into the mods folder
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
Those who use other languages in addition to English can find appropriate mods to add Dutch, French or Spanish custom text additions in the summary in the upper right corner of this page. Follow the same procedure as explained above to install them.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Or copy your backup copy of the admin_checkID.php, admin_generateID.php, admin_renumbermenu.php, prefixes.php and relationship.php files to your TNG directory
|v184.108.40.206||March 2012||Initial config file release|
Visualization of this mod
The following animations show the 'Add New User' page without and with the mod installed.
The length of the generated IDs can be set when clicking the Mod Manager -> Fixed Length IDs -> Edit button and independently for each type of ID. Setting the value to 1 results in the same behaviour as without the mod installed. Higher values will prepend zeros where needed.
As with most source code modifications, these changes will likely be overwritten during your next TNG revision upgrade and will need to be re-implemented. (Using the Mod Manager greatly simplifies this process).
Until now I haven't heard of any conflicts with other mods.
Sites using this mod
Well, of course, my own. Since it's not public it's not really worth adding a link here though.
If you download and install this mod, please feel free to add your TNG site to the table below
|Bart 'Roebie' Degryse||Mod developer.||v220.127.116.11 (TNG 9.0.1)||EN, ES, FR, NL|