Gedcom Import Mediatype
|Gedcom Import Mediatype|
|Summary||Provides a value for the mediatype value (i.e. collection) for all new Media records created by the a Gedcom Import, so that new media files don't get mixed into the existing collections, and you can more easily assign the correct mediatype for them.|
|Mod Updated||15 May 2018|
|Download link||v188.8.131.52.zip TNG 12|
v10.1.0.3p.zip TNG 11TNG 10.1
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Latest Mod||v10.1.0.3p & v184.108.40.206|
|Min TNG V||10.0|
|Max TNG V||at least 12.0|
admin_dataimport.php, admin_gedimport.php, gedimport_misc.php, English/data_help.php, English cust_text.php
Purpose of the Mod
This mod is primarily useful for sites that have a single Media folder, and cannot depend on the folder name to distinguish among the various Collections (i.e. 'Mediatypes') - (Photo, Document, Histories, etc.). With a single Media Folder, the Gedcom Import process can only use the media item "FORM" tag (i.e. the file extension) to distribute media items among Mediatypes. That often can work for, say, HTM and PDF file extensions, but .jpg file extensions are used in several Mediatypes.
This mod doesn't really help figure out which collection a new media item belongs to, but it can isolate the new media files into an otherwise rarely-used collection so that it is easier for the site administrator to find the new files and assign them to the right collection.
There are two parameters for admin_dataimport.php, the Gedcom Import Kickoff form:
- $mediatypeIDsToChange (defaults to Photos) - New media items that would otherwise be assigned to this Mediatype (or these Mediatypes) will be reassigned to a different Mediatype.
- $mediatypeIDForNewMedia (defaults to Videos) - All media items covered by the first parameter will be assigned to this Mediatype so that they are isolated from old media items, and can be found easily for reassignment to the correct Mediatype.
Compatibility And Dependencies
No known mod conflicts or dependencies. This mod is compatible with all the published mods that affect the Gedcom Import process.
- Admin Media Predefined Search is intended to help TNG admins assign new media items to collections, by doing predefined searches for keywords that may identify the appropriate collection.
- Gedcom Import Monitor and Gedcom Import Purge are both independent of Gedcom Import Mediatype but each also affects the Gedcom Import form and the Gedcom Import process.
- This mod saves information that can be displayed by Show Mod Names as the program finishes - if and only if Show Mod Names has been installed. This mod does not require Show Mod Names.
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, and extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
In the event of a problem
Visualization of this Mod
| Admin>>Import/Export - The Gedcom Import Kickoff Form BEFORE INSTALLATION:|
| Admin>>Import/Export - The Gedcom Import Kickoff Form AFTER INSTALLATION:|
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|220.127.116.11||12.0+||15 May 2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|10.1.0.3p||10.1+||07 Nov 2017||Removed the second line from the cust_text.php target location search string|
|10.1.0.3||10.1+||10 Jun 2017||Modified some fieldnames on the Gedcom Import Kickoff form, and removed dependencies on Show Mod Names (which is now optional) and Blue Info Button (which is now obsolete).|-|
|10.0.0.2||9.0-11.0||25 Mar 2016||Additional mod parameters; significantly reworked code|
|10.0.0.1||9.0-10.1.3||6 Feb 2016||I hadn't really tested v9 properly, and I updated the mod to use Show Mod Names v2.|
|18.104.22.168||9.0-10.1.3||6 Feb 2016||New mod.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database - admin function; not visible.||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||10.1.0.3||11.1.1||English|