Gedcom Import Monitor
| This mod is useful only in conjunction with the "Old style" option for Gedcom Import, and I have not been able to get "Old style" Gedcom Imports to work in TNGv12+. If that problem is universal (that is, not unique to me), then then mod does no good in TNGv12. On the other hand, if you can do "Old style" Gedcom Imports in TNGv12, I'd love to know about it. :-).
|Gedcom Import Monitor|
|Summary||Provides options to monitor the status of the Gedcom Import in more detail.|
|Mod Updated||15 May 2018|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Latest Mod||v10.1.0.3p & v126.96.36.199|
|Min TNG V||10.1|
|Max TNG V||at least 12.0|
admin_dataimport.php, admin_gedimport.php, gedimport_people.php, gedimport_families.php, gedimport_misc.php, English/data_help.php, English cust_text.php
Purpose of the Mod
To provide more thorough and accurate monitoring of the Gedcom Import process. The progress bar that pops up during the Gedcom Import process hides error messages, and provide some inaccurate or misleading counts. And the "old" method that doesn't hide errors produces too much information. This mod provides
admin_dataimport.php (the Gedcom Import kickoff form) has two parameters:
- $oldstyleimportParam (defaults to false) is a flag that tells the Gedcom Import process whether to use the pop-up dashboard (which kind of spoils the point of this mod) rather than the more detailed Import Monitor log.
- $frequencyParam (defaults to 'low') indicates how often progress messages should be logged to the screen.
Compatibility And Dependencies
This mod is compatible with all known mods that affect the same programs (listed as Related Mods)
- My Gedcom Import Mediatype and Gedcom Import Purge mods are both independent of Gedcom Import Monitor but each also affects the Gedcom Import form and the Gedcom Import process.
- My Gedcom Import Second Name mod also affect the Gedcom Import process, but not the Gedcom Import form.
- This mod saves information that can be used by Show Mod Names - if Show Mod Names is installed.
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, and extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
In the event of a problem
Visualization of this Mod
- The latest version of the mod is at the top of this table ***
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|188.8.131.52||12.0+||15 May 2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|10.1.0.3||10.1+||10 Jun 2017||Added some counters. Show Mod Names is now optional.|
|10.1.0.3p||10.1+||07 Nov 2017||Removed the second line from the cust_text.php target location search string|
|10.1.0.1||10.1-10.1.3||6 Feb 2016||New mod.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database - admin function; not visible.||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||10.1.0.3||11.1.1||English|
|Hooley Family Links||Rick Hooley||Public/Private||See Here||See Here||EN|