Gedcom Import Purge
|Gedcom Import Purge|
|Summary||Causes the Gedcom Import Process to delete Medialinks records that have been deleted from the source database, and to retain some Places records that otherwise would be purged.|
|Mod Updated||2 Dec 2019|
Older versions can be downloaded from the Revision History.
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||10.1|
|Max TNG V||at least 12.2|
admin_dataimport.php, admin_gedimport.php, gedimport_trees.php, gedimport_misc.php, admin_editmedia.php, js/mediafind.js, js/mediautils.js, micro_medialinks.php, ajx_updateorder.php, admin_importconfig.php, admin_updateimportconfig, English/data_help.php, English cust_text.php.
Installs shared files: rrshared_innermodmenu2.php, rrshared_modsettingsblocks2.php, img/rrshared_wikilogo.gif
Purpose of the Mod
This mod changes the Gedcom Import process to
- Add a flag (a new database field) to Medialinks that are created by Gedcom Imports,
- Optionally, purge Medialinks that have that flag, but retains Medialinks without the flag (i.e. that were created through TNG data entry), and
- Retain certain Places that are purged by the native code.
Without this mod, the Gedcom Import Process:
- Leaves all Medialinks intact, including those that have been removed from the source database,
- May purge Place records or Places data that is not replaced by the Gedcom Import.
I do not know of any conflicts with other mods.
- Admin Media Search - This mod changes the way that TNG displays all medialinks, and it handles citation medialinks, which are a significant concern of this mod.
- Gedcom Import Mediatype and Gedcom Import Monitor are related only in that they also affect the Gedcom Import kickoff form and the Gedcom Import process. Aspects of those mods are coordinated with this mod, but there are 'no dependencies among them and this mod.
- If the optional Show Mod Names mod is installed, this mod will utilize its functionality.
This mod has two mod subfolders:
- gedcom_import_purge_v18.104.22.168 - The subfolder that you expect to exist for any mod that installs files. It contains
- rrgedcomimportpurge_dbsetup.php This is ordinarily run once, from a link in the Mod Manager, to define the new Medialinks table field that keeps track of medialinks that are created by the Gedcom Import. The field is called createdfromgedcom.
- The shared folder RR-shared_mod_includes_v22.214.171.124, which contains files that support mod option management in many of my mods:
The shared folder is packaged with several mods, each of which may install some or all of its files. Once a file from the shared folder has been installed (by any mod), that file will not be overwritten or removed by the subsequent installation or un-installation of any mod (including this one), nor will its presence generate any Mod Manager errors.
If you unzip mod distribution files directly into your mods folder, then the presence of this second subfolder and the installation of its files should be invisible to you. But if you generally copy mod subfolders to your mods folder, you need to make sure to copy the folder RR-shared_mod_includes_v126.96.36.199 (well, unless you are confident that it is already in your mods folder because it was part of another mod).
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
| In the Mod Manager, After Installation, showing the database setup hyperlink.
You must follow the hyperlink shown above to run the setup program that creates the database field through which TNG remembers which media links were created by a Gedcom Import.
|The Database setup program|
| The Gedcom Import Kickoff Form (Admin>>Import/Export) AFTER INSTALLATION:
New or changed elements on the Gedcom Import Kickoff form:
| Message As the Gedcom Import starts:
This message is visible only if you choose the "Old style import" checkbox (or, if you have installed Gedcom Import Monitor, the "Scrolling progress listing").
Note that the Gedcom Import process will not purge any medialinks the first time you run it after installation, since the new database field hasn't yet been populated by flags that say that the Medialink was created by a Gedcom Import.
|The Mod Options - in a Mod Settings Block|
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|188.8.131.52||12.0+||2 Dec 2019||
|184.108.40.206||12.0+||15 May 2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|10.1.0.3p||10.1-11.1||26 Mar 2017||Removed the second line from the cust_text.php target location search string|
|10.1.0.3||10.1-11.1||26 Mar 2017||A technical update that, mostly, just makes Show Mod Names optional, and avoids a installation conflict introduced by TNGv11.0.1. That is, this version omits the adminlib.php patch that was part of v2 of this mod, and changes this mod's database setup program so that it works independently of that adminlib.php patch (which was fixed in TNGv11.0.1).|
|10.1.0.2||10.1-11.0.1||25 May 2016||Removed a unneeded <script> element that incorrectly referenced an external file, and that - under rare circumstances I still don't understand - could cause the database setup program to log you out from your TNG session. Also fixes a similarly incorrect <script> element in adminlib.php.|
|10.1.0.1a||10.1-10.1.3||21 Feb 2016||No new end-user functionality. Now depends on Show Mod Names v2+.|
|10.1.0.1||10.1-10.1.3||6 Feb 2016||New mod.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database - admin function; not visible.||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||10.1.0.3||11.1.0||English|
|Hooley Family Links||Rick Hooley||Public/Private||See Here||See Here||EN|
|Woking Family Tree Project||TBirdUK||Public/Private||220.127.116.11||12.01+||English|