| Under Construction
(The text of this article describes Version 18, but the visualizations are from Version 15.)
Robin Richmond 2 Oct 2019
|Summary||Updates the list of cemeteries in the end-user Cemeteries and Headstones report and in the Cemetery Detailed report.|
|Mod Updated||2 Oct 2019|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||11.0|
|Max TNG V||12.2|
headstones.php, showmap.php, cust_text.php English, Dutch, & Norwegian, admin_genconfig.php, admin_updateconfig.php
Purpose of the Mod
- Adds a tree column (when appropriate) to the Headstone Photos tables in headstones.php and showmap.php,
- Can hide the Headstone Photos table from either or both programs, and
- In the list of Cemeteries in headstones.php, it
- Adds the number of burials in the cemetery, and
- Allows more cemetery names to be displayed on one page.
Both programs typically are invoked through a Cemetery Search screen that does not specify a tree, and can thus display results from more than one tree. But the Headstone Photos tables in both programs omit any mention of the Tree that a person and photo belong to. The mod adds a tree column, if the database has more than one tree and no tree has been selected.
Identical Headstone Photos tables are presented by both headstones.php and showmap.php, even though the end-user Cemetery search process runs headstones.php links directly to showmap.php. That is, the end-user Cemetery search process starts with:
- cemeteries.php, which
- Lets the user select a location (so really, it's not a "search" at all), and links
- headstones.php, which
- Displays a paginated list of cemeteries, with only 5 cemeteries per page, because it
- Displays the cemetery's Headstones Photos table within the list of cemeteries.
- And then it lets the user select a cemetery, at which point, it calls
- showmap.php, which
- Displays a map,
- Displays the Headstone Photos table for that cemetery (again), and
- Displays the All Burials table for that cemetery.
(FWIW, showmap.php can also be called directly from the admin Cemetery search process, and from other places in TNG where a Cemetery is listed.)
Also, the native TNG code displays the headings for the Headstone Photos table for each cemetery, even if that cemetery does not have any headstone photos.
And, on TNG sites that do not track Headstone photos (or at least do not track many of them), the redundant display of the Headstone Photos table is even more problematic.
So, this mod
- Does not display the Headstone Photos table headings unless a cemetery actually has headstone photos,
- Offers a mod parameter for headstones.php that controls whether (and how) to display the Headstone Photos table,
- Offers a mod parameter for showmap.php that controls whether (and how) to display the Headstones Photos table, and
- Offers a mod parameter for headstones.php that controls how many cemeteries are to be displayed on one page (assuming that, if a site does have many headstone photos, the headstone photos tables don't take up much space, and it can display more than 5 cemeteries per page).
In addition, this mod repositions the "a to b of c items" message for both Cemeteries and Headstones so that the screen layout is more like most other TNG programs that display such a message.
All options are custom TNG settings, which are defined and edited in the form at Admin>>Setup>>General Settings, in the new subform Robin's Mods, where the options for various mods are organized into Mod Settings Blocks.
- In headstones.php - $headstonesButtonControl provides options that let you
- Never display the headstones table.
- Hide it behind a button.
- Show it, with a button that would hide it.
- Always show it, without a button
- Also in headstones.php - $cemeteriesPerPage determines how many cemeteries will be listed on one screen (one web page). The "pristine" TNG code only provides for 5 cemeteries, but that value is driven by the likelihood that each cemetery will include headstone listings. If you don't track (or don't display) headstone records, then you can raise that value considerably.
- In showmap.php - $headstonesTableParam does the same thing for showmap.php that the $headstonesButtonControl parameter does for headstones.php.
No known incompatibilities, but please let me know if you encounter any.
- The Burials-More Details mod makes several changes to the All Burials table in showmods.php, and, in a sense, coordinates with this mod, but they are not at all dependent on each other.
- This mod saves data that can be used by the Show Mod Names utility mod, but is not dependent on that mod.
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, and extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
| BEFORE: The list of Cemeteries and Headstone Photos table in headstones.php|
| BEFORE: The Headstone Photos table in showmap.php|
| AFTER: The list of Cemeteries and Headstone Photos tables in headstones.php|
| AFTER: The Headstone Photos table in showmap.php
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.