Difference between revisions of "Hide Branch Names"
(Text replacement - "http://www.bradyfamilytree.org" to "https://www.bradyfamilytree.org")
|Line 130:||Line 130:|
| EN, DE
| EN, DE
Revision as of 15:24, 9 March 2017
|Hide Branch Names|
|Summary||On the Person Profile, hides branch names unless the user is an administrator or has a branch restriction, in which case, only matching branches are shown.|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||10.0|
|Max TNG V||10.1.3|
Purpose of the Mod
In the Person Profile, this mod limits the visibility of the branches to which an Individual is assigned.
- Administrators see all branch names assigned to all Individuals.
- Non-logged-in users and users without a branch restriction never see any branch assignments.
- If the mod parameter is true, then logged-in users who have a branch restriction see branch assignments for their branch only. That is,
- If an Individual has 3 branches, including the one assigned to the current user, only the user's branch would be shown.
- If an Individual has one or more branches, bot not the one assigned to the current user, no branches branches would be shown.
The one parameter allows logged-in users with a branch assignment to see their branch name, for Indivduals in their branch. When the parameter is false, only administrators will see any branch names in the person profile.
Compatibility With Other Mods
There are no apparent conflicts, but there are so many mods that affect the Person Profile that I haven't tested them all against this mod. Please contact me if you encounter any conflicts.
- This mod uses the mod registration and display features as defined by Show Mod Names. If you have not installed Show Mod Names, you won't see any effect, but if you have installed Show Mod Names, the names of all mods that use this feature will be shown at the bottom of the Person Profile.
- Show Branch Members doesn't have a dependent relationship with this mod, but it also affects the display of branch names in the Person Profile. It turns whatever branch names are displayed into hyperlinks that show a list of the branch's members.
- Remove previous version of this mod.
- Backup the getperson.php, the only file affected by this mod.
- Download the .zip file, and extract its .cfg file to your mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
In the event of a problem
Visualization of this Mod
Note the circled branch name, visible to anyone who can see the person's name.
The branch name is now invisible to non-administrators and to users not restricted by a matching branch.
|AFTER: If you have installed Show Mod Names, this mod will join other compliant mods in a list at the bottom of the page.|
Mod Change History
|Mod Version||TNG Versions||Date||Note|
|10.0.0.4||10.0.0-10.1.3||6 Dec 2015|| - Uses the mod name display functionality defined by Show Mod Names
- Reworked code to be compatible with Show Branch Members
|10.0.0.3||10.0.0-10.1.1||11 Jul 2015|| - Followed Ken Roy's suggestion to use the code|
($allow_edit && $allow_add && $allow_delete && !$assignedtree)
to determine whether the user is an administrator.
- Added the option to display matching branches to users who have a branch restriction.
- Put the word "Branches" in front of the branch names.
- Includes conditional code to allow a SQL statement to be executed in TNG v10.0 or v10.1
|10.0.0.2||10.0.0-10.1||26 Feb 2015||v10.0.0.1 would hide branch names from non-administrators, but wouldn't display them for administrators.|
|10.0.0.1||10.0.0-10.1||26 Dec 2014||New mod; adapted from a incompletely documented, un-credited mod already in use.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database (not installed)||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||10.0.0.4||10.1.3||English|
|DJCM.DK||Claus Martinussen||Public Site||10.0.0.3||10.1.3||DA, EN|
|Brady Family Tree in Western Australia||Darryl Brady||Public site||10.0.0.4||10.1.1||EN, DE|
|Our Family Links||Chuck Filteau||Public site, modified Template 12||v10.0.0.3||v10.1.2||EN|